We are using recruiting collaboratively to make a difference and reward travel; get a job with us and will gift you a fun trip. Not interested in the position, refer us a friend, and you can enjoy the travel reward.
Must be a US Citizen
We are looking for an Embedded Software Design Engineer to design, write, debug, and integrate software for embedded devices controlling electro-mechanical systems. The engineer will do this in a small group under the lead of the software architect and within the cost and schedule constraints established for the project. The software design engineer is a trained professional who helps to determine the approach necessary to resolve technical challenges. There is a considerable code base the engineer will add to as new weapons, cameras, sensors (Inertial Navigation, gyros, etc) are added to our systems (both new and existing).
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day:
• Design, coding, debugging, and integrating new capabilities for our new and existing electro-mechanical systems (turret)
• Debugging issues with existing systems
• Integration of new capabilities both in the Systems Integration Lab and in the field.
• Delivery of executable software that meets performance requirements.
• Delivery of other software work products (documentation) that meets contractual requirements.
• provide status reporting to management during project execution.
Here’s the skills we need you to bring with you:
• a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design/development/test of embedded real-time control software.
• C language (java a plus)
• OS experience, especially RTOS (bare metal and embedded linux a plus)
• experience writing and debugging communication protocol drivers and stacks (networking, 1553, uart, SPI, I2C, etc.)
• Read and understand electronic part data sheets, electrical schematics, communication protocol documents
• Desired behavioral competencies include: Innovation, adaptability, decision making, communications, customer focus, building strategic working relationships, energy, initiating action, quality orientation, managing work.
• Intermediate technical competency required in Applied Science, knowledge of Customer Technology, Data Acquisition, Diagnostic Skills, Document Interpretation, and Engineering & Technology
• Advanced technical competency required in Computer Applications, Document Creation, and Math.
• Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
• Bachelor of Science degree in other engineering fields, and Computer Science, may be considered with appropriate additional experience in the design/development/test of real-time control software.