Remote TPF Mainframe Systems Engineer
Work Remotely, Must Be a US Citizen or US Resident, Living in the US with Impeccable Communication and Client Services Skills
Systems Engineer who has extensive hands on experience with z/TPF, TPF Systems Internals and Support. You'll need a solid technical foundation of both depth and breadth to configure, maintain, and support mission critical mainframe operating system. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards and a positive approach to execution will help you and the team achieve new levels of performance.
Bring a client-focused mindset with the ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities, see the big picture while paying attention to the details and navigate complex processes with ease in order to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Apply recommended z/TPF Systems maintenance to ensure systems reliability and performance.
- Thoroughly test APARS, PUT and stay current with TPF release levels.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose operating systems issues with the z/TPF Mainframe.
- Assist with monitoring and managing mainframe systems performance and operation.
- Support the z/TPF Systems Team with project related work.
- Learn to utilize mainframe monitoring tools to manage and diagnose systems related issues
- Assist with updating documentation, procedures, testing and following defined SSDLC control practices.
- Problem-solving skills with a strong technical proficiency and strategic thinking
- Maintain excellent relationships across all touch points
- 7-8 years of work experience
- 6+ years of experience in z/TPF, Systems Engineering, Middleware and Tools.
- 4+ years of z/TPF Systems Internals-
- Control Program (CP)
- File address Compute Table (FCTB)
- Resource ID Attribute Table (RIAT)
- System Initialization Program (SIP)
- System and application global variables
- TPF internals and diagnostics (dump/trace analysis)
- TPF customization
- TPF exits
- TPF user modifications (customer unique enhancements)