Senior PHP Developer Position in OC
Must be a US Citizen or US Resident living in Los Angeles
This a fulltime position, no third party candidates need apply.
Work for a company that makes a difference
We are looking for an experienced Senior developer to oversee the development of functional applications and websites. You will be directly involved with application coding, system debugging, code reviewing, and the development of operational procedures.
To ensure success as a Senior Developer, you should have strong managerial skills, extensive experience with Development Frameworks, and advanced problem-solving skills. A top-class Senior Developer ensures the software development team produces scalable and functional applications that meet company specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands on in implementing solutions, technically guide extended teams during development and deployment of solution
- Provide technical thought leadership and be a strong collaborator with subject matter experts, project managers, and functional leaders.
- Apply in-depth technical knowledge to develop applications across one or more technology areas, such as web applications, APIs (e.g., REST and SOAP), web services and application database integrations.
- Plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly available applications.
- Document key SDLC processes by producing formal documents like solution architecture documents and technical system design specifications, etc.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects.
- Participate in prioritization of major projects based on business needs, budget and risk reduction.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving and/or maximizing adoption and usage of these systems.
- Coach / mentor junior developers, contractors, or interns to help grow the team’s overall skill-base and elevate team velocity.
- Provide communication and education to end users for all new and modified applications/systems.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 years developing in PHP,
- 3+ years Experience in MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle or other relational database management system
- 2+ years with Angular version 2+
- Familiarity with Scrum Kanban, and other Software Development Life Cycle processes
Some Nice to Haves:
- NoSQL experience such as MongoDB, Redis, GraphQL, etc
- AWS or Azure experience
- Developed pipelines and deployment operations
- Experience with Git using BitBucket