Head of Discovery
Head of Discovery
RemedyBio is pioneering new classes of immunotherapy based on a powerful mass scale single cell analytical technology. Our Nanoreactor platform enables us to measure up to a billion cells or cell interactions in hours, opening up ways to treat cancer and other serious diseases, and allowing us to map disease and immune function at unprecedented scale and precision.
The Head of Discovery will lead RemedyBio’s end-to-end proprietary discovery process, reporting directly to the Chief Scientific Officer. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a range of discovery programmes using RemedyBio’s unique technology to map immune-disease interactions to create a new generation of targeted and process therapeutics.
We are seeking an experienced and creative expert in antibody/cell engineering who will help drive the advancement of novel therapeutics targeting the interface between the immune system and the disease microenvironment. The candidate will be expected to lead a multidisciplinary technical team, co-lead projects, and develop in-vitro biochemical and immune assays to help develop new technologies and move pipeline projects forward.
The role will work also work closely with our clinical programmes team, influencing and determining the best clinical collaborations for RemedyBio; additionally the position will support strategic partnering with pharma and biotech collaborators, supporting the business development function in the company.
- Doctorate degree with 10+ years’ experience in a discovery-oriented scientific leadership role in pharma or biotech
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading a highly qualified and motivated team though rigorous experimental design and challenging scientific and technical milestones
- Immuno-oncology experience highly desirable, including but not limited to working in autologous or allogeneic cell therapy; infectious or complex disease background is also of interest
- Significant proven track record in assay development, particularly fluorescent-based immunoassay and cell-based assays is highly desired
- Significant track record in antibody and cell therapeutic discovery including functional assay development and biologics characterisation
- Good understanding and experience of related molecular characterisation techniques including PCR, WES, TCR sequencing, as well as other genomic/multi-omic techniques
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment integrating scientific, technical, lab operations, engineering, and management capabilities as required.
- You will have significant experience managing a laboratory-based team alongside non-lab functions in experimental design, research analytics, data management, compliance, and collaborative work
- You will understand how data needs to be managed and assembled for bioinformatic purposes; specific experience with discovery databases is an advantage
- Experienced in management of the process and data pipeline, including understanding how to lead a team both in unstructured problem solving as well as high-volume, high-throughput discovery processes
- Proactive and thoughtful in supporting internal strategic and operational decision making within the senior management team
- Ability and confidence to interface with commercial leadership and act as senior scientific support in business and collaborator discussions where needed
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial but is not essential:
- Working in a fast-paced biotech start-up environment
- Therapeutics development downstream of discovery
- Managing external collaborations
- Budget, report, grant preparation
Key words Pharma discovery, cell therapy, immunotherapy, single cell, phenotypic data, database, functional biology