Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency and focused on helping and empowering people to make smart energy choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking an Outreach Engineer to join our team in Chicago, Illinois. This position will work in a dynamic environment to engage public sector and industrial customers to implement energy efficiency projects in the Chicagoland area. This role includes both direct strategic outreach to recruit customers in the commercial and industrial (C&I) sector, as well as program oversight and management responsibilities for approximately six outreach and strategic energy management programs across four clients. As this individual and the growing program team cultivate pipelines of projects, we anticipate this role will shift to focus more on establishing and monitoring systems to increase efficiency and ensure quality across a portfolio of programs. The Outreach Engineer must understand large building and industrial energy-using systems and how to optimize their efficiency using her/his own expertise and by leveraging experts. The successful candidate will combine technical and financial analysis together with people skills to influence customer’s implementation of large C&I energy efficiency projects in a rapidly changing environment.
C&I Customer Outreach
· Recruit government and industrial building decision makers to participate in resource efficiency opportunities and identify opportunities with clients for expanded work.
· Perform energy savings analysis, financial ROI, and influence end user’s implementation of energy efficiency projects.
· Identify and develop trusted relationships with trade ally contractors and other program stakeholders and partners to implement projects and benefit the program.
· Collect all documentation required by utilities to verify project scope, energy savings and program influence on projects.
· Develop annual outreach plans, budgets, and goals.
· Resolve and/or elevate client issues.
· Deliver successful energy efficiency programs to utility client(s) per contract terms and program budgets.
· Provide strategic analysis and standardized reporting to accurately describe field activities and monitor progress towards program goals.
· Adjust outreach plans as required and develop creative solutions to new issues or market dynamics.
· Manage client relationships and expectations, including leading regular meetings and acting as point of contact for specified client relationships.
· Represent Resource Innovations to clients and industry associations, including delivering presentations about the company’s services and opportunities.
· Interface with other programs teams to assure efficiency and integration of activities across market sectors.
· Interface with key internal departments such as IT, Finance and HR to meet program needs.
· Monitor and manage staff and functional teams' deliverables, track progress, and ensure performance.
· Excellent program, project, and people management skills
· Proficient in establishing job and work process flows, as well as effective and efficient operations and reporting
· Demonstrated experience in conducting outreach to decision makers and stakeholders to identify energy efficiency project opportunities in government, industrial, and commercial buildings
· Excellent communication and listening skills and ability to understand stakeholder requirements and motivations
· Strong analytical skills to calculate energy efficiency savings using TRMs, develop customer ROIs, and compute cost effectiveness in compliance with state requirements
· Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while consistently meeting deadlines with accuracy and within budget
· Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
· Customer service focus
· Ability to collaborate well at all levels within an organization, and a team-player
· Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, Construction Management) or related experience
· Minimum 7 years relevant experience in resource efficiency or building related project management experience desired
· Proven success in developing and managing project scopes, budgets, and plans
· Experience working with and supervising teams
· Proven track record of developing and retaining client relationships
· Ability to inspire and motivate others to accomplish their goals
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
· Ability to comprehend technical concepts and provide context for real-world application of project outcomes
· Highest ethical standards
· Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
Resource Innovations will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.