Community Outreach Manager
COMMUNITY OUTREACH MANAGER
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency and focused on helping and empowering people to make smart resource choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with utility clients and community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to join our team in St. Louis, Missouri. This position will be working in a dynamic environment to support the implementation of residential energy efficiency programs in Missouri. The successful candidate will build partnerships and collaborate with community organizations and leaders; develop short and long-term outreach plans to effectively execute the program delivery strategy; support and monitor subcontractors performing field work; and engage with program partners and the utility client to plan and evolve outreach strategies based on lessons learned and diverse market conditions.
The Community Outreach Manager must be able to manage outreach in a rapidly changing environment and provide recommendations, strategies and solutions to effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to new knowledge or unexpected circumstances that emerge. He or she must be able to maneuver between market and stakeholder coordination while closely collaborating with the internal project team.
· Develop, manage, and foster partnerships with community-based organizations, community leaders, subcontractors and other industry affiliates/stakeholders
· Provide ongoing support to community-based organizations as the program and their role evolves
· Plan, coordinate, and participate in field outreach activities such as sign up events and residential canvassing
· In collaboration with the implementation partner and utility client develop, coordinate and execute program outreach plans including enrollment events and canvassing
· Monitor and support of subcontractors, including issue resolution, guideline interpretation, and training
· Resolve and/or escalate subcontractor issues
· Support internal team’s management of client expectations, satisfaction, and communications
· Deliver presentations and communicate program offerings while tailoring messaging to widely varying stakeholders including customers, community/political leaders, client, contractors, community-based organizations, and action agencies
· Analyze program data to inform the outreach plan and inform others, feel confident summarizing that work in a variety of formats, i.e. written, verbal, or in a presentation
· Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
· Client centered and customer service focused
· Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
· Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and self-direct your work
· Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
· Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy-efficiency, consulting for or working with a utility, or community outreach
· Proven success in engaging community organizations and/or clients in a leadership role to develop strategic partnerships
· Ability to tailor communication approach and sensitivities to widely varying stakeholders in the program, including customers, political leaders, client, contractors, CBOs, CAAs and be able to tailor the message so it's compelling and effective for each one
· Highly professional demeanor in terms of appearance, communication, tact and mindfulness, reliable, ethical, and accountable
· Ability to take full responsibility for projects from inception to close
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams under tight deadlines
Resource Innovations will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.