Director Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency, helping and empowering people to make smart energy choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking a Director to oversee energy efficiency program implementation of our Illinois residential energy efficiency portfolio based in Chicago. This position will collaborate with our dynamic leadership team to grow and manage a team of program managers, technical experts, and outreach staff responsible for implementing residential energy efficiency programs in Illinois and the Midwest. The successful candidate will combine deep experience in residential energy efficiency program implementation, community and customer outreach skills, outstanding communication and relationship-building skills, and leadership experience growing and managing a team in a dynamic environment.
· Build and manage a team of program managers, technical specialists, and outreach staff responsible for program delivery, including work plans, budgets, staffing needs, and partnering.
· Accountable for client satisfaction, contract deliverables, program goals, performance metrics, staff utilization, safety standards, and profitability for a portfolio of residential energy efficiency programs
· Manage implementation of tools, templates, and procedures to ensure consistent high-quality work and increase operational efficiencies
· Monitor and forecast staffing, contract key performance indicators, revenue, and program profitability across several programs.
· Monitor quality assurance procedures across several programs and lead the team to take corrective action where needed
· Foster strong management-level relationships with clients, partners, and customers
· Identify and bring in new work from both existing and new clients
· Interface with key internal departments such as IT, Finance and HR to meet program needs.
· Lead effective teams in alignment with larger company culture, values, and strategy
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated experience overseeing residential energy efficiency programs
· Established industry leadership in the residential sector
· Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and meeting facilitation
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to track and manage multiple priorities while consistently meeting deadlines with accuracy and within budget
· Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
· Customer service focus
· Ability to collaborate well at all levels within an organization, and a team-player
· Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
· Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, Construction Management) or related experience
· 9 years relevant experience in resource efficiency or building-related project management experience
· 3 years staff-management and leadership experience
· Highest ethical standards
· Collaborative leadership approach
Resource Innovations will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.