Community Outreach Manager
COMMUNITY OUTREACH MANAGER
Resource Innovations is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to join our team in St. Louis, Missouri. This position will be working in a dynamic environment to support the implementation of residential energy efficiency programs in Missouri. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Resource Innovations staff are all working remotely. We anticipate that this will continue through the end of 2020. Given this remote working situation, the Community Outreach Manager will need to be able to work independently and be confident in their ability to onboard, engage with team members and successfully execute the job duties while working remotely from home. Once the situation improves, the position will be based in our St. Louis office.
The successful candidate will build partnerships and collaborate with community organizations and leaders; coordinate and manage field operations with internal program team and contractors; and engage with program partners and the utility client to present, plan and evolve outreach strategies based on lessons learned and diverse market conditions. The Community Outreach Manager must be able to manage outreach in a rapidly changing environment and provide recommendations, strategies and solutions to effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to evolving program directives.
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency and focused on helping and empowering people to make smart resource choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with utility clients and community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
- Develop, manage, and foster partnerships with community-based organizations, community leaders, subcontractors, and other industry affiliates/stakeholders to raise awareness and garner support for the program.
- Develop short- and long-term outreach plans, in collaboration with the implementation partner and utility client, to effectively operationalize the program delivery strategy and drive program participation.
- Coordinate field work and provide ongoing support to community-based organizations, contractors, and the internal program team as the program evolves.
- Analyze program data and forecast program participation in a production, goal-oriented environment; summarize findings in a variety of formats, including written, in-person and virtual.
- Deliver presentations and communicate program offerings while tailoring messaging to widely varying stakeholders including customers, community and political leaders, clients, contractors, community-based organizations, and community action agencies.
- Lead ad hoc meetings with internal team, partners, and the utility client on subjects relating to production planning, outreach activities, successes, challenges, and requests for additional support.
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
- Client centered and customer service focused
- Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and self-direct your work
- Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy-efficiency, consulting for or working with a utility, or community outreach
- Proven success in engaging community organizations and/or clients in a leadership role to develop strategic partnerships
- Overall excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to tailor communication approach to widely varying stakeholders in the program, including customers, political leaders, client, contractors, CBOs, CAAs and be able to tailor the message so it's compelling and effective for each one
- Demonstrates the highest level of accountability and integrity
- Ability to take full responsibility for projects from inception to close
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams under tight deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.