Program Consultant - Energy Efficiency / Distributed Energy Resources
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency and focused on helping and empowering people to make smart energy choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking a Program Consultant to join our team in Washington, DC. This position will be working in a dynamic environment to support large scale EE/DER solutions. The successful candidate will: develop short and long-term implementation plans; actively support program delivery activities; develop trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders; and respond to client requests. The candidate will also support a distributed team of outreach and operations staff.
The Program Consultant must be able to manage large projects in a rapidly changing environment. He or she must be able to maneuver quickly between design challenges, implementation, and market coordination. This position requires excellent planning, budgeting, and people-management skills. This person will have the ability to readily and effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to new knowledge or unexpected events and circumstances that emerge. Experience working in partnership with community-based organizations, low income communities and/or government entities is desired.
· Manage and develop program design including responsibility for developing work plans to meet goals, aligning staff assignments, managing programs to goal, and providing accurate forecasting both internally and to clients.
· Support delivery of successful large-scale EE/DER solutions to utility client(s) per contract terms and within budgets.
· Identify, define, quantify, track and drive program deliverables to be submitted accurately and on time.
· Continuous assessment of project progress to goal and development of creative solutions to new issues or market dynamics.
· Support a distributed team delivering client services and solutions
· Develop, manage, and foster partnerships with subcontractors, community groups, and other industry affiliates/stakeholders.
· Support client services, satisfaction, and communications, and resolve and/or escalate client issues.
· Coordinate with key internal departments such as IT, Marketing, Finance and HR to meet program needs.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent project and program management skills
· Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
· Proficient in establishing job and work process flows
· Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while consistently meeting deadlines with accuracy and within budget
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
· Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
· Customer service focus
· Ability to collaborate well at all levels within an organization, and a team-player
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional services consulting or related field
· Experience in energy efficiency or distributed energy resources is highly desired
· Proven success in developing and implementing project scopes, budgets and plans
· Ability to take full responsibility for projects from inception to close
· Understanding of contract development, negotiation, and KPI management
· Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
· High ethical standards, be passionate, be curious, seek feedback, and share knowledge
· Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.