Senior Program Manager
Resource Innovations is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join our growing team in Chicago, Illinois. As a Senior Program Manager with Resource Innovations, you will work in a dynamic environment leading and managing a team of outreach and operations staff on large scale residential energy efficiency programs. The Senior Program Manager will play a highly visible role both internally and externally and will be responsible for developing short and long-term implementation plans, leading program implementation activities, developing trusted relationships with clients, industry stakeholders, and program contacts.
The Senior Program Manager must be able to manage large projects in a rapidly changing environment and pivot quickly between design challenges, implementation, and market conditions. This position requires excellent planning, budgeting, and people-management skills. The Senior Program Manager will effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to new knowledge or unexpected events and circumstances. Experience working in partnership with community-based organizations, low-income communities and/or government entities is desired.
Resource Innovations delivers strategic energy services to utilities, communities, and businesses across North America. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative clean energy economy. Our growing firm was honored as the 15th fastest-growing private company in America, based on Inc. magazine's annual Inc. 500 list.
- Manages and develops program design including the development of work plans to meet goals, aligning staff assignments, managing programs to goal, and providing accurate forecasting both internally and to clients.
- Delivers successful large-budget energy efficiency programs to utility client(s) per contract terms and program budgets.
- Identifies, defines, quantifies, tracks and drives program deliverables to be submitted accurately and on time.
- Continuously assesses project progress to goal and develops innovative and creative solutions to new issues and/or market dynamics.
- Manages, leads, and mentors a dynamic team by setting and reviewing performance standards and objectives for direct reports and creates effective delivery teams.
- Develops, manages, and fosters partnerships with subcontractors, community groups, and other industry affiliates/stakeholders.
- Manages client expectations, satisfaction, communications, and resolves and/or escalates client issues.
- Interfaces with key internal departments such as IT, Marketing, Finance and HR to develop efficiencies to meet program needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, energy, engineering or related field of study required; a Masters degree in a related field preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in energy-efficiency or a related field required
- 3+ years of supervisor experience
- Proven success in developing and implementing project scopes, budgets and plans
- Previous Contract development and negotiation experience
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools