Sr. Program Manager, Market Transformation
Resource Innovations is seeking a Senior Program Manager, Market Transformation to join our growing market transformation team. As a Senior Program Manager, Market Transformation with Resource Innovations, you will work in a dynamic environment leading and managing a team focused on market transformation initiatives and related market research projects. The Senior Program Manager will play a highly visible role both internally and externally and will be responsible for developing short and long-term project plans, leading market transformation research activities, developing trusted relationships with clients, industry stakeholders, and program contacts.
As a Senior Program Manager, Market Transformation you will manage and deliver market transformation projects to meet and exceed client expectations while providing oversight and mentorship to a team of program managers. The Senior Program Manager will effectively redirect the team and/or project approach in response to new knowledge or unexpected events and circumstances. In this role, your experience and leadership will be relied upon to help nurture and grow Resource Innovation’s expanding Market Transformation team. This position requires excellent planning, budgeting, research and people-management skills. Additionally, experience in market transformation and knowledge of utility midstream & upstream programs, trade ally networks, and emerging energy efficiency technologies is critical.
Resource Innovations, a woman-owned, community-focused energy efficiency consultancy, delivers strategic energy optimization products and services to utilities, communities, and businesses across North America. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative clean energy economy. Our passionate and diverse team is transforming the model of resource efficiency and creating sustainable impacts that benefit us all. As a result, our growing firm was honored as the 15th fastest-growing private company in America, based on Inc. magazine's annual Inc. 500 list.
- Conducts market research functions and supports staff with market transformation research deliverables, including developing naturally occurring market baselines, end-use technology savings assumptions, primary supply chain and consumer research, secondary industry-focused research, logic models, and business plans.
- Develops work plans to meet goals, aligning staff assignments, managing programs to goal, and providing accurate forecasting both internally and to clients.
- Delivers successful market transformation initiative deliverables to utility client(s) per contract terms and program budgets.
- Identifies, defines, quantifies, tracks, and drives program deliverables to be submitted accurately and on time.
- Continuously assesses project progress to goal and develops innovative and creative solutions to new issues and/or market dynamics.
- Manages, leads, and mentors a dynamic team by setting and reviewing performance standards and objectives for direct reports and creates effective delivery teams.
- Develops, manages, and fosters partnerships with subcontractors, community groups, and other industry affiliates/stakeholders.
- Manages client expectations, satisfaction, communications, and resolves and/or escalates client issues.
- Supports executive leadership in planning process with data-driven input into decarbonization technologies prime for market transformation interventions.
- Interfaces with key internal departments such as IT, Marketing, Finance and HR to develop efficiencies to meet program needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, energy, engineering or related field of study is required; a master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in energy-efficiency or a related field is required.
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Proven success in developing and implementing project scopes, budgets and plans.
- Previous contract development and negotiation experience
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while consistently meeting deadlines with accuracy and within budget
- Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
- Proficient in establishing job and work process flows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
- Customer service focus
- Ability to collaborate well at all levels within an organization, and a team-player
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.