Resource Innovations is seeking an Accountant to join our growing team. As an Accountant with Resource Innovations, you will work in a dynamic, cloud based accounting environment and will play an instrumental role in the company by performing a variety of general accounting responsibilities.
Resource Innovations, a woman-owned, community-focused energy efficiency consultancy, delivers strategic energy optimization products and services to utilities, communities, and businesses across North America. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative clean energy economy. Our passionate and diverse team is transforming the model of resource efficiency and creating sustainable impacts that benefit us all. As a result, our growing firm was honored as the 15th fastest-growing private company in America, based on Inc. magazine's annual Inc. 500 list.
- Performs daily general accounting activities including general ledger accounting (Xero), accounts payable (Bill.com), expense (Expensify) and payroll (TriNet) processing.
- Set-up projects, monitors consultant time entry, and enters project costs in the project management application (WorkflowMax).
- Creates mid-month and monthly program status reports to support forecasting.
- Records client and incentive invoices.
- Coordinates with program teams to deliver invoices and reports.
- Records and processes subcontractor, vendor and other bills and reconciles entries with existing agreements.
- Completes Payroll processing and creates new employee records in TriNet.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for accruals and recurring transactions.
- Reviews expenses for compliance with client and company policies.
- Assists with monthly close activities, including accruals, and preparing account reconciliations.
- Maintains subcontractor and vendor information and prepare 1099’s.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, business, or related field of study or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years of previous accounting experience
- Previous experience working in a paperless / cloud based accounting environment is required.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Previous experience with general ledger accounting software experience (Xero), accounts payable software (Bill.com), expense software (Expensify) and payroll processing software (TriNet).
- Previous accounting experience within a professional services company.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.