Energy Efficiency Engineer
Resource Innovations is currently seeking an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join our growing staff. As an Energy Efficiency Engineer with Resource Innovations, you will be responsible for the design and modeling of energy efficiency programs for customers across the strategic energy management (SEM), Commercial & Industrial (C&I) and Public sectors. Your experience and understanding of Utility Demand-Side Management (DSM) and customer energy efficiency programs will be relied upon on as consultant and subject matter expert in providing technical expertise and guidance to clients and internal teams to achieve our customer’s goals in reducing their energy consumption.
Resource Innovations, a woman-owned, community-focused energy efficiency consultancy, delivers strategic energy optimization products and services to utilities, communities, and businesses across North America. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative clean energy economy. Our passionate and diverse team is transforming the model of resource efficiency and creating sustainable impacts that benefit us all. As a result, our growing firm was honored as the 15th fastest-growing private company in America, based on Inc. magazine's annual Inc. 500 list.
- Performs energy modeling and building simulations to identify innovative energy efficiency solutions for clients
- Conducts energy audits and field energy assessments, on-site diagnostics, and analysis
- Prepares energy assessment reports based on field assessments
- Documents and executes technical and financial models
- Ensures projects meet regulatory standards to validate rebate expenditures and maximize Resource Innovations clients’ investments.
- Consults with customers and trade allies to promote modern energy efficiency technology, methods, and best practices.
- Analyzes data using rigorous analytical techniques and software tools such as Excel and CUSUM (cumulative sum control charts)
- Utilizes various analytic tools to make strategic decisions by developing data analysis pipelines, managing projects, and building interactive visualizations.
- identifies trends; optimizes weather or production-normalized models; summarizes program events; and identifies impacts on program results
- Conducts and analyzes quality control reviews of efficiency projects.
- Researches new energy efficiency technologies and applications to improve and expand energy efficiency offerings.
- Participates in industry association events and assists in developing and delivering technical presentations.
- Monitors federal, state and local energy-related codes to determine whether changes in efficiency levels affect current program guidelines and identifies potential impacts to program performance.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, construction Management or related field of study; masters degree in related field preferred.
- 3-7 years of previous energy efficiency engineering related experience.
- Previous client facing experience.
- Experience developing and writing Technical documents.
- Knowledge of Technical Reference Manuals and Measurement & Verification (e.g. IPMVP).
- A Professional Engineers License (P.E.) and other advanced engineering, building commissioning, or energy efficiency related credentials (P.E, CPHC/D, EBCD, MFBA, CEM, LEED AP etc.) is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.