QA / QC Consultant
Resource Innovations is seeking a Quality Assurance and Quality Control Consultant (QA/QC Consultant) to align Resource Innovations’ quality processes and systems with utility client’s quality processes and systems to ensure delivery and exceed our client’s expectations.
Focusing on Residential, Multifamily buildings and systems, you will work closely with trade allies, customers and internal team members to conduct residential weatherization, HVAC, water heating and lighting installation field inspections and verifications, review QA/QC findings, and also works with our partners to identify and implement solutions. Additionally, the QA/QC Consultant will conduct technical trainings with our partners and drives continuous improvement and best practices in quality processes. The QA/QC Consultant works with cross functional teams to ensure Resource Innovations’ program solutions are effective and efficient.
Resource Innovations is a woman-owned, community-focused energy efficiency consultancy, delivers strategic energy optimization products and services to utilities, communities, and businesses across North America. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative clean energy economy. Our passionate and diverse team is transforming the model of resource efficiency and creating sustainable impacts that benefit us all. As a result, our growing firm was honored as the 15th fastest-growing private company in America, based on Inc. magazine's annual Inc. 500 list.
- Manages and implements the field and internal verification process across multiple programs and clients including the selection and review of assignments, track performance against metrics, and ensures all necessary forms and materials are completed
- Conducts onsite inspections, writes inspection reports, and provides solutions to remedy failed inspections
- Develops and implements QA/QC requirements and implementation plans
- Provides education, training, and coaching to trade allies to minimize failed inspections, mitigate faulty workmanship, and remedy failures when they occur
- Conducts field inspections as well as oversees a staff conducting field inspections, and effectively manages trade allies
- Reviews program QC findings, reports and remedies inaccuracies
- Leverages best practices and continuous improvement plans to implement long term solutions in partnership with the client and Resource Innovations’ Program Managers
- Identifies root cause analyses and makes recommendations as required for client facing reports
- Generates weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports to audit, monitor and measure performance and relevant metrics
- Manages team to ensure contract compliance in forecasting requirements and key performance indicators
- Conducts internal and external trainings to include webinars, tutorials and conference calls on relevant business processes and standards
- Manages the process of regularly reviewing and updating critical program documentation including field verification guides and forms, processing manuals, policy and procedure manuals.
- Keeps up to date on industry trends and insights with regards to policy and procedure manuals to ensure program materials are most relevant
- Works as part of a cross functional team that includes program operations, IT, Marketing, and Customer Service/Processing
- Meets with Customer Service/Processing lead regularly to ensure best practices and continuous improvement initiatives are aligned and implemented effectively
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled reviews of the application process to determine where improvements can be made
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ experience in a quality control and quality assurance role, or consulting, energy efficiency or utility experience highly desired
- Knowledge of building science, construction and technical expertise is required
- BPI Building Analyst and Envelope certifications preferred
- HERS and RESNET Rater certification preferred
- Ability to travel 25% to 75% of the time (limited overnight travel)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
- Customer service focus
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for senior management team
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.