Acquisition Specialist (Internship)
***NOT A REMOTE POSITION. DO NOT APPLY FOR REMOTE WORK.***
Founded by E&P experts committed to investing in Wyoming-based oil and gas assets, “RWW” is a strategic mineral and royalty acquisition company seeking summer interns looking to learn the fundamentals of oil and gas title and negotiating royalty transactions. RWW is looking for outgoing, motivated, and driven individuals with efficient attention to detail. Ideal candidates are pursuing a degree in Petroleum/Energy Land Management or business. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in an exciting field.
- Research county records to determine surface and mineral ownership by utilizing online databases of documents recorded within a given county;
- Analyze and interpret relevant documents for a given parcel of land, "chaining" title from patent to present in order to research existing mineral ownership;
- Research mineral owner contact information via various third-party platforms;
- Utilize CRM software to manage communications with interest owners as well as across in-house team;
- Call (a lot), email, and mail interest owners; negotiate for the purpose of acquiring related oil and gas assets
Compensation: $15/hr plus transaction-based bonuses
Location: Position will be based out of Company’s headquarters in Sheridan, WY.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines, daily and weekly, based on changing company needs;
- Detail-oriented and process-driven; adept at the learning and application of new software technologies;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills;
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and accountability
- Resilient in the face of rejection (you'll get a lot of it)