We are a London-based start-up, changing the way people give and get help, both at work and in life. Our platform empowers people to ask questions anonymously and give bite-sized advice to others.
We provide closed groups on a subscription basis to businesses who wish to empower their employees to give peer-to-peer mentoring and support. Employees find a safe space for voicing concerns, raising issues, and finding the support they need to be healthier and happier at work.
Are you a motivated and experienced Developer in Test, looking to help an exciting startup build upon their early success? Rungway are seeking an outstanding Developer in Test to join our growing team. You will work alongside our excellent front- and back-end teams to instil good testing practices, and you’ll work with the product team to ensure stories are well-defined and testable before we begin building them.
While there will always be a need for manual testing at Rungway, we see automation as vital to our ability to scale. You’ll set the benchmark for testing by owning our suite of system tests and the CI infrastructure that goes with them.
- Experience running manual tests and writing integration / system tests for web apps, mobile apps, and APIs
- You are comfortable with Agile processes, and are keen to own testing throughout the product development lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, and a team-player attitude
- You have an open mind and appetite for learning, coupled with a pragmatic and constructive approach to problem solving
These are the tools we currently use, and experience with some of these would be useful, but not essential:
- Java 8, with Spock to write unit & integration tests
- React, with Jest & Enzyme for testing
- Our CI system is Jenkins running on AWS
- Our system tests are currently written in Java, using Selenium, TestNG, & Rest Assured. You will own this, and we are open to revisiting this suite
We’ll give you a fair salary based on your level of experience, plus stock options. You can choose which laptop and OS you want to run, and while you’ll have a desk in our lovely Farringdon office we’re happy for you to work from home one day a week. We hope you’ll find the office is a calm space that lets you get on with your work.
We’ll be making some changes to our benefits package for 2019, so speak to us to find out more.
Our interview process begins with a phone call, followed by an in-person interview with some of our team and some pair programming, and a final in-person interview with our senior management. We want to move quickly, so you'll hear from us if the process is progressing.
If we make you an offer, you can be sure of a competitive salary, stock options, and a great office environment. Rungway practices what it preaches, and cares about building a workplace which is open, inclusive, and diverse.
Excited? So are we. We can't wait to hear from you.