The SEO analyst will primarily implement SEO strategies for top retailer brands. The position will include analyzing a large amount of data, coordinating between technical and client services teams, setting and executing deliverables including keyword research, SEO copy assignments, reports, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule.
Hands on SEO experience with a strong technical focus is required. In this role, you must be an analytical talent who can be all of the following:
- well versed in SEO best practices (0-3 years)
- a data analyst who can make sense out of a seemingly chaotic pool of numbers
- strong written communication skills
- Maintain a large volume of landing pages and keywords using our proprietary CMS—this is where you would spend the majority of time
- Monitor and report on metrics such as page ranking, site traffic trends, results of site optimization etc.
- Accurately compile performance (traffic, revenue, ranking) and analytics reports and be able to present results to an internal team of account managers
- Conduct keyword research, competitive analysis, content optimization, meta-tag creation, internal link development and other SEO tasks.
- Communicate with the development team and content team to make sure all projects are on target
- Analyze and investigate performance fluctuation causes and impacts of search engine algorithm updates
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and research industry related media
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Effectively communicate project status updates and timelines
- Oversee ongoing campaigns, addressing any issues that arise
- Create SEO copy assignments to be assigned to the SEO content team
- QA deliverables generated by copywriting team
- QA website development to ensure templating standards are met.
- Strong analytical skills (mathematically inclined)
- Familiarity with Google webmaster tool, keyword tools and other SEO industry tools.
- Experience working with and optimizing SEO within CMS environments.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to effectively work with and compile numbers to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Experience in hands-on SEO
- HTML and CSS as they relate to SEO (there will be a light HTML editing work involved, and you will need to be able to explain and discuss tasks with the development team)
- Strong written and good verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a cross-functional team comprised of business, technical and creative professionals
- Ability to be organized, resourceful, reliable and VERY detail orientated
- Ability to sort through a large volume of information, make sense out of it, and prioritize tasks based on the data you found in your research