Sideshow, a Ventura County-based collectibles company, with sustained growth and a start-up mentality, is seeking a Front-end Developer to help us design and maintain our multi-brand website and commerce platform. The ideal candidate has a modern approach to design and typography paired with the ability to work on a diverse team in a creative environment. This is not a stodgy corporate desk job. We require constant evolution, out-of-the-box thinking, and commitment to personal and professional success. Successful candidates are highly communicative and collaborative.
- 5+ Years of commercial and / ornoncommercia work with a strong online portfolio.
- Strong understanding and execution of graphic design principles including layout, typography and color.
- Able to work with other designers to execute their vision.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and similar tools for delivering online content.
- Experience working with Laravel Framework.
- Strong working knowledge of mobile / cross-browser testing and debugging.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress and custom theme development.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with PHP and MySQL code, concepts and processes.
- Experience with software development lifecycle, from design and implementation to unit testing and production deployment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time-management abilities.
- Ability to write design specifications, programming specifications, and documentation
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and take direction. Whiners need not apply.
- Bonus - Pop culture fanatics are encouraged and welcomed! The geekier, the better.
- Bonus - Start up / Studio experience will catch our eye.
- Full-time position with benefits. TBD (401k, Profit Sharing Plan)
- No telecommuting. Required to work in our Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters.
- Applicants will undergo 10-year background, credit and security check.
- Relocation assistance is not available.
- Applicants will be required to complete a competency test.
- References Required.
Pop Culture is Our Culture: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/careers/
In 1994, Sideshow embarked on a mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film, television, comic books and popular culture. Today, we are a specialty manufacturer and distributor of the most highly sought-after licensed and original collectible products, sustained by a passionate worldwide community that is committed to the lifestyle of collecting figural art. Our headquarters are located in Thousand Oaks, California.