Sideshow, a specialty manufacturer and media company based in Thousand Oaks, CA, is looking for a creative, talented and enthusiastic self-proclaimed marketing wizard. Your daily tasks will require the creation of engaging online graphics and assisting in the overall marketing strategy.
Marketing Design Requirements
- 2-5 years design experience preferred.
- Strong online marketing specific design portfolio (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Email Marketing, Web Banners, etc)
- A background in art and / or graphic design, and a portfolio to match.
- A unabashed loving relationship with Typography. Yes. LOVE.
- Comfortable exploring creative possibilities on seemingly rigid design rules and restrictions.
- Ability to take criticism and be prepared to redo or adjust designs at a moments notice.
- Expert skills with Adobe Suite Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) in an Apple / Mac environment.
Social Media Requirements
- 2+ years professional social media marketing experience
- Understand the value of each social media platform, with in-depth knowledge of each platform’s features, limitations, and how they can work in concert to build our brands
- Self-managing team member who can graciously receive and react to feedback, as well as produce projects without granular oversight
- Competent copywriter with an understanding of crafting engaging copy for a social media audience without spelling or grammar errors
- Capable of developing the right voice and tone for each social media platform.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Geeky interests in film, tv and comics aren't required, but are a huge plus!
- Comfortable being a brand ambassador with appearances on video or audio productions.
- Able to operate a basic camera/gimble set-up for filming live video for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Knowledge of setting up and managing a YouTube channel
- Experience producing a podcast or running a sound board.
- Experience working with influencers and celebrities
- Ability to avoid whining or sniveling - combined with a good sense of humor!
- Full-time position with benefits. (401k, Profit Sharing Plan)
- No telecommuting. Required to work in our Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters.
- Applicants will undergo background, credit and security check.
- Relocation assistance is NOT available.
- References Preferred.
- Applicants will undergo a marketing portfolio review.
- Submit 2-4 samples of marketing design pieces with your résumé.
- JPG format, each file must be less than 5mb.
Pop Culture is Our Culture:
In 1994, Sideshow embarked on a mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film, television, comic books and popular culture. Today, we are a specialty manufacturer and distributor of the
most highly sought-after licensed and original collectible products, sustained by a passionate worldwide community that is committed to the lifestyle of collecting figure art. Our headquarters are located in Thousand Oaks, California.