Sideshow, a Ventura County based entertainment company, with sustained growth, is seeking a freelance PHP Developer to help us build and maintain our commerce platforms. The ideal candidate has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to work on a diverse team in a creative environment. Of critical importance is the ability to communicate, collaborate and engage with the entire team for maximum success.
- 5+ years programming experience
- Strong PHP7 / Object-Oriented Programming skills
- Strong Troubleshooting/Debugging Skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Laravel php framework
- Expert working knowledge of MYSQL
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience with software development lifecycle - design and implementation to unit testing and production deployment
- Familiarity with source control principles and version control systems
- Familiarity and experience working on FreeBSD systems
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time-management abilities
- Ability to write design specifications, programming specifications, and documentation
- MS SQL Server
- Development with WordPress an advantage
- Knowledge of Emarsys API
- Freelance position.
- Applicants will undergo 10 year background, credit and security check
- Applicants will be required to complete a competency test
- References Required
- Potential for Full-time hire considered after 6 months.
Pop Culture is Our Culture: http://www.sideshow.com/careers/
In 1994, Sideshow embarked on a mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film, television, comic books and popular culture. Today, we are a specialty manufacturer and distributor of the most highly sought-after licensed and original collectible products, sustained by a passionate worldwide community that is committed to the lifestyle of collecting figural art. Our headquarters are located in Thousand Oaks, California.