The PR Associate supports Sideshow’s initiatives by assisting our Public Relations Manager and the Marketing Team. This is a full-time position, and an in-house role at Sideshow Studios.
As the PR Associate you will research and report on potential press, media, and online influencer opportunities. You will also monitor and evaluate marketing initiatives and facilitate any action items that will be needed for the PR Team - which will include acting as a liaison to press and media outlets, sending press releases, and providing assets for reviews, articles, and features – as well as regularly reporting your evaluations to the Marketing Team.
- Excellent written skills, and proven ability to communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Impeccable scheduling skills and experience working to flexible deadlines
- Strong, proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function as part of a team, as well as work independently with focus and discipline.
- Must be a pro-active self-manager. Someone who is passionate about aiming for the next successful task
- Critical thinker with excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes and quick solicitation and reporting turnaround (No Whiners).
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Multi-tasker that is calm under pressure.
- Must be comfortable communicating over the phone and via email.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Basecamp or other project management software.
- Experience in email marketing a plus
- Experience in customer support preferable
- Experience in press and media advantageous
- Geeky interests aren’t required, but are a huge plus!
- No whining, no sniveling and must have a sense of humor.
- Full-time position with benefits. (401K, Profit Sharing Plan)
- No telecommuting. Required to work in our Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters.
- Applicants will undergo background, credit and security check.
- Relocation assistance is NOT available.
- References Preferred.
Pop Culture is Our Culture: http://www.sideshow.com/careers/
In 1994, Sideshow embarked on a mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film, television, comic books and popular culture. Today, we are a specialty manufacturer and distributor of the most highly sought-after licensed and original collectible products, sustained by a passionate worldwide community that is committed to the lifestyle of collecting figure art. Our headquarters are located in Thousand Oaks, California.