Front-end Designer Job Description
- Contributing to structure and design decisions for the entirety of Sideshow’s digital presence.
- Ensuring user experience and analytics drive design choices.
- Developing creative solutions to enhance the user experience, while striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for mobile devices first.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing new and existing page designs for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining and contributing to overall brand presentation and design.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout all interactive executions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 Years of commercial and / or non-commercial work with a strong online portfolio.
- Understanding of key graphic and interactive design principles, with a heavy focus on typography.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Able to create designs from scratch, as well as translate designs from others for web delivery
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Strong communication skills including detailed documentation writing such as sitemaps, style guides and how-tos.
- Able to work with both local and remote team members.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality.
Not Required, but a plus:
- Familiar with PHP and MySQL code, concepts and processes.
- Experience with WordPress theme development.
- Familiar with Laravel PHP framework, blade templates, mix system.
- Familiar with source control principles, git, vagrant, and local development.
- Familiar with web accessibility guidelines (ADA/WCAG).
- Full-time position with benefits. (401k, Profit Sharing Plan)
- Expected salary 45-60k/yr, depending on experience.
- Telecommuting an option. Potential for in-person meetings in our Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters.
- Applicants will undergo background, credit and security check.
- Relocation assistance is NOT available.
- Submit your résumé with references.
- Applicants will undergo a portfolio review.
- Submit 2-4 examples of front-end design / user interfaces that inspire. Include these in your cover letter. Explain what attracts you to your examples.
Pop Culture is Our Culture: http://www.sideshow.com/careers/
In 1994, Sideshow embarked on a mission of connecting people with their favorite characters and icons from the worlds of film, television, comic books and popular culture. Today, we are a specialty manufacturer and distributor of the most highly sought-after licensed and original collectible products, sustained by a passionate worldwide community that is committed to the lifestyle of collecting figure art. Our headquarters are located in Thousand Oaks, California.