JAVA DEVELOPER (CONTRACT/ PERMANENT)
Singlepoint is an innovative company applying cutting edge technologies in digital transformation. You will join a company who are passionate about what we do. We employ people who can bring new ideas to help us to continue to be bold. We value our teams’ diverse backgrounds and skills and believe it is one of the main contributors to our success.
Our teams have delivered real change and results to clients such as Facebook, Vodafone and AON.
You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
HOW WE REWARD YOU
Based in state-of-the-art WeWork offices in Spencer Dock, we are a fun, vibrant and innovative company to work for. We offer all employee’s a competitive salary, generous annual leave, learning and development opportunities, along with lots of great benefits within a very flexible work environment.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our agile development team. You will be working with a team of engineers and testers to create solutions and deliver both mobile and web applications to our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software development. These roles are working with greenfield projects where you will have the opportunities to recommend and champion the use of new technologies whether for direct use in products or in supporting the development lifecycle. You should be hands on, able to contribute individually and should have experience with in a fast pace dynamic environment. We use the latest JAVA technologies and tools – SOA Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Hibernate and Spring.
- Planning and estimation of development tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Implement solutions as per technical design for new features and changes to existing components
- Participate in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements to existing applications
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality standards
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements to existing software development, testing and deployment processes
- Ability to work hands on in a fast-paced, agile work environment supporting your colleagues as required
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, ideally at least a year of which was working with JAVA stack
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team in an agile environment
- Strong database and MySQL development experience
- Be flexible and hardworking both independently and as part of a team
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies
- Work with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE FOR THIS ROLE:
- Java 8, Spring, Jackson, Mapstract
- MySQL, MongoDB (similar), SQL
- JMS, (AWS [SQS, SNS]), Security,
- JSON, SOAP, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes
- JUnit, Mockito
- Jira, Confluence, Agile, Scrum
**Singlepoint does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements.