Singlepoint is an innovative company applying cutting edge technologies in digital transformation. You will join a company who are passionate about what we do. We employ people who can bring new ideas to help us to continue to be bold. We value our teams’ diverse backgrounds and skills and believe it is one of the main contributors to our success.
Our teams have delivered real change and results to clients such as Facebook, Vodafone and AON.
You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
HOW WE REWARD YOU
Based in state-of-the-art WeWork offices in Spencer Dock, we are a fun, vibrant and innovative company to work for. We offer all employee’s a competitive salary, generous annual leave, learning and development opportunities, along with lots of great benefits within a very flexible work environment.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a DevOps Engineer with a strong programming background ideally with Python or Java to join our Cloud Practice team. The role will be building the DevOps Continuous Improvement, Continuous Delivery platform and coding framework that underpins our client’s core products. This role will be supporting the Solution Architect in building the platform/ framework/ DevOps culture.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about automation, creative and innovative, with a track record of fully automated cloud Infrastructure and CI/CD application pipelines. You must be able to demonstrate a mindset for Open Source technologies and have implemented continuous improvement / continuous delivery effectively. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with infrastructure automation as well as Application Continuous Delivery, applied to either Java, NodeJS or .NET technologies.
- Handle Infrastructure as code, contributing to making our infrastructure fully automated, simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Awareness of industry direction and trends in infrastructure as code tooling and best practices
- Develop and implement systems that aid and facilitate our rapid growth including the implementation of deployment policies, future procedures, configuration management and planning for capacity upgrades
- Design, operate and automate operational tasks, such as Networking configuration, Server provisioning, backup/restore, disaster recovery, monitoring and alerting
- Implement an on-going cloud cost optimisation process
- Implement security best practices
- Working with your agile team colleagues, your technical leaders and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to build quality solutions that are capable of long term testability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high-quality standard
- Help the team avoid performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities and help with architecture decisions while ensuring that applications and services run quickly, efficiently and securely with minimum oversight
- Lead and maintain a clear task backlog with Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in DevOps/Software Configuration Management role
- Programming experience required, preferably Python or Java
- Excellent CI/CD experience with Jenkins/Bamboo/ CircleCI/ AWS Code pipeline
- Working knowledge Docker containers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Excellent Linux experience, and experience in at least one of the following tools: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Proven experience:
- Managing the cloud infrastructure as code, using either CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Maintaining highly available and performant environments.
- Monitoring tools, such as Sumologic, Datadog, Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic.
- Managing and deploying AWS Load Balancers, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, S3.
- Managing and deploying Serverless applications: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Familiarity and experience with Agile/SCRUM based development methodology
- Networking, network security and have a deep knowledge of TCP/IP
- Excellent automated builds and deployments experience.
- Solid English communication skills