This is going to be fun…have you ever wanted to work with just one person, one client and have complete creative freedom with that client? This is that opportunity.
We’re seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker and skilled communicator who has a proven track record of managing and growing major brands. In this role, you’ll be working 1:1 with Jake Dunlap, our CEO, to curate and accelerate his personal brand development across all digital channels. This role will manage two part-time social media managers as well as a full-time videographer, and have the assistance of a brand designer.
A deep understanding of social voice, tone, style, is essential for success. In addition, you must have a proven ability to develop tactics and programs that drive business goals, audience growth, and engagement. The singular focus of this role is to grow Jake Dunlap’s audience, in both size and engagement, across both online and offline channels.
To be successful in this position you will need a deep understanding of social media analytics and reporting and be able to use that data to inform your strategy. Our primary platform is LinkedIn and experience with it is critical. While social presence and branding is a major component of this role, offline channels like speaking engagements and publications are also critical.
- Manage team postings across all social channels and maintain a content calendar
- Monitor and manage Jake Dunlap’s content and imagery on all websites, including third-party sites
- Develop key collaborations with other industry leaders to grow his the audience
- Manage a team of social and digital experts to help with the execution of the strategy
- Secure speaking opportunities for Jake Dunlap monthly
- Help with securing a book deal
- Help launch and develop the Jake Dunlap podcast
- Oversee the creation and editing of all videos and content
- Facilitate brand activations through community participation (groups, podcasts, etc)
- Compile reports showing results (KPIs)
- Create, curate, organize and manage all published content (images, video, written, and audio/podcast)
- Coordinate cross-promotion opportunities
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
- This position requires someone who will embrace a non-traditional work schedule.
- Content development, events, and travel will not follow a 9-5 schedule, but work-life balance will be expected and respected
- The ability to dedicate time to work on some evenings and weekends is needed as is the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- 5+ years as a social media or brand manager
- Able to succinctly summarize data, provide insightful commentary, and communicate with impact
- Resiliency and the ability to push through challenging situations and deadlines to deliver results
- Highly curious, data-oriented, and excited to test and iterate on approaches and processes
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to superb execution
- Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where initiative, collaboration, and flexibility are drivers for success
- Deep knowledge of social media, both paid and organic - experience with LinkedIn is particularly critical
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to manage and coordinate resources including designers, copywriters, and videographers
- Experience as a personal brand manager would be an asset
- Graphic design
- Image or video editing
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.