Marketing and Editorial Internship
If you want to live and breathe strategic marketing and gain valuable experience working in an exciting and fast paced organization - we’re looking for you! You are a high-energy, people-person with polished communication and copywriting skills and a shining personality. You are excited to get exposure to a broad range of marketing activities including conceptualizing campaigns, digital content, social media, and copywriting.
Skaled focuses on innovating the way sales organization’s interact through the buying and creative process. By focusing on high priority leads, using cutting edge technology, and nurturing the customer relationship, we are able to create a sustainable process for organizations to achieve measurable and sustainable results.
About the Marketing team:
Our marketing team is a mixture of the creative and the analytical, so if you’re looking for exposure to both - that’s us. Marketing isn’t just persuasive copy and compelling design. One day we (and you) could be working on campaign strategy for our next go-to-market, the next we’re writing multiple pieces of copy for our blog and social, the next we’re setting up email workflows and testing landing pages, and the next we’re working with Sales on event invitations and follow-up. It’s all part of Marketing’s mission to help grow our business.
Editorial (CEO Book Project)
- The first book will be a compilation of social media content that we'll need to compile, categorize, and put into an engaging format.
- The second will be a new framework for modernizing sales organizations called The Customer Framework. The intern will assist in publisher and competitor research with the possibility of light market research and compiling chapters.
- Proofreading and copyediting as needed.
Marketing & Content
- Play a role in coordinating as well as monitoring online and offline marketing campaigns.
- Help with campaign research, reporting, and presentation.
- Assist in marketing operational duties such as publishing blogs, editing web page/landing page content, scheduling social media posts, and setting up email campaigns.
- Assist in the development of written digital content across mediums such as email, social media, paid ads, blog posts, and landing pages.
- Editing existing copy to fit specific mediums.
- Actively pursuing a post-secondary degree in Marketing & Advertising, Communications, English, or a related field
- A strong understanding of basic marketing tools, tactics, and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines as well as manage several different projects at once
- Familiarity with G-suite
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing principles (SEM, SEO, social)
- Display a positive attitude under pressure and the ability to jump in and help wherever needed
- Copywriting portfolio from previous internship a plus (or you can provide classroom examples)
- Wordpress, Email Automation, and Social Scheduling experience a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
This a part-time contract position, and there is also the opportunity for this position to qualify as an internship, pending program approval.