WHAT DOES SLIDEGENIUS DO?
SlideGenius is the premier global Presentation Design Agency with just under 100 full-time employees. Our team of designers provide presentation design solutions to over 2,500 global clients including Adidas, Reebok, Facebook, Blizzard, Delta Airlines, NASCAR, JP Morgan, and many more. We work with clients both big and small, providing us with new and exciting projects every day.
WHAT THE HECK IS A PRESENTATION DESIGNER?
A SlideGenius Presentation Designer is, at their core, a Graphic Designer who is responsible for producing exciting and innovative presentations for our clients. You would be a part of the design process from start to finish, working on the concept of the design as well as its overall production. Some projects would require you to work independently, while others would involve working with a team or even directly with the client themselves. Regardless of the project, you would always have the full support of the entire design team.
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS WOULD I BE WORKING ON?
Our client base ranges anywhere between mom-and-pop shops to Fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work on them all and if a designer catches wind of a specific project that they want to be a part of, we make sure that they are involved!
WHAT SORT OF QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
We ask that our applicants meet the majority of the following prerequisites:
- Minimum 3 years of design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Exceptional understanding of basic design principles
- Experience working with Microsoft PowerPoint (the more, the better)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in speaking to clients either through email, on the phone, or in person
- Commitment to both personal and professional development
- Well-organized and able to prioritize between multiple different tasks
- Desire to excel and grow within and with the company
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Experience in a leadership role and/or leading a team
- Constructive and positive attitude with a great sense of humor
- Ability to travel and stay on location for extended periods of time (a plus!)
WHAT IS THE OFFICE CULTURE LIKE?
Each SlideGenius office has its own fun and unique culture, developed by the diverse teams of designers and managers that work there. At the root of each office environment lies the foundational culture that was grown at our headquarters in San Diego. Everyone has their own space to work without feeling boxed in and we keep an open channel of communication throughout the day. You are free to make your work space feel like home and we encourage participation and interaction with everyone in the office. The relationships the teams build in-office extend outside of regular work hours and frequently include happy hour meet-ups and team celebrations after a big project! Our spot in New York is our newest office and is located in the trendy cobblestone streets of Dumbo, Brooklyn.
AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GROW WITH THIS COMPANY?
We take great pride in cultivating growth for our designers. We offer a structured and transparent path for each member of the team. You will know where you stand at all times and your manager will highlight exactly what needs to be done in order for you to get to the place you want to be. In addition to offering growth within a given department, we also allow for inter-departmental growth if you show an aptitude in another area. And the growth doesn’t stop there, the company itself is growing at an amazing rate, providing new and exciting opportunities for our team every day!
OKAY, SO… WHAT’S THE CATCH?
The catch is that you have to bring your ‘A’ game. We expect our designers to bring positive, creative energy into the office everyday.
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
If you think this position is a good fit for you and that you are a good fit for us, we would love for you to send in the following for us to review:
- Cover letter
- Link to portfolio (digital or download)
- Hourly/Salary request based on a 40 hour work week
You can send all of these through our application process at the link below: