Senior Speech Recognition Engineer
SoapBox Labs builds speech recognition technology for children ages 3 to 12, and powers products across a wide range of areas from literacy and language learning, to toys and games. Our technology leverages state-of-the-art deep learning techniques and thousands of hours of real world children’s voice data. Thanks to our proprietary data and platform, SoapBox Labs is the most accurate speech recognition solution in the world.
The SoapBox platform allows developers to voice enable their digital apps and products for online and offline use. We are a research driven, privacy by design solutions company, and are fully GDPR and COPPA compliant. We will never commercialise our data for profit.
About the role
You will work with the team to help scale our speech recognition platform for kids' speech. This involves development of the products, data processing, modelling and evaluation. As a Senior Speech Recognition Engineer, you will also be researching new technologies, contributing to the roadmap and high-level planning. You will be involved with sprint planning and prioritisation as well as attending and advising in client meetings.
Our ideal candidate will already have expertise with speech/audio technology and taking the lead on product development. You will be able to demonstrate a keen interest in moving towards a team management career direction and working closely alongside the product team.
We are open to hearing from a range of candidates with;
- A PhD in Audio/Speech Technology, Computer Science, AI or Linguistics
- Min 5 years relevant industry work experience with expertise in speech/audio/ML product implementation
- Comfortable with C++ and/or Python development and ML tools such as tensorflow, pytorch or kaldi
- Experience taking the lead on product development
- Proficient using Git (Bitbucket) and task management (Jira and Confluence)
- Experienced working in a scrum environment with a product team
- Confident verbal and written communicator and presenter
Desirable skills or able to demonstrate interest in learning about;
- Experience mentoring or managing small teams
- Experience communicating directly with customers
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of children’s voice technology in a growing deep tech startup based in Dublin City. It’s a dynamic, friendly and supportive team, with a competitive remuneration package (with stock options).
**Please attach your CV and include a cover letter explaining why and how you are the right person for the role. Applications without a relevant cover letter will not be reviewed.**