Social Factor is looking for an experienced Group Account Director who will be charged with leading our Account team on several key accounts to drive agency growth by identifying new opportunities and growing existing client relationships. They will lead by example, driving partnerships with the agency’s most important clients, serving as the senior partner and confidant for clients, as well as Social Factor’s leadership team. The Group Account Director will be responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership across several pieces of business while managing and mentoring a growing team. They will be someone who can win the hearts of clients and partners, inspire staff and skillfully juggle multiple pieces of business while keeping things positive, organized, clear and strategic. They will be comfortable wearing multiple hats within our organization and will be instrumental in helping our agency operations evolve as our team and client roster continues to grow.
"A day in the life of" will include:
- Guiding the account team across all levels to appropriately manage client and agency team expectations, day in and out, and helping clear roadblocks to success.
- Ensuring the Account team understands their clients’ business, are driving effective solutions and building strong relationships.
- Leading internal agency team on work, championing the implementation of our process and driving a culture of consensus and inclusion.
- Ensuring flawless delivery of client deliverables.
- Mentoring a team across all experience levels with the ability to Identify and develop key talent.
- Acting as a resource to team members in assessing ideas and directions.
- Developing strong relationships with key client stakeholders that lead to retention, repeat work and growth.
- Working with clients and partners to plan, forecast, and report on programs, managing outcomes against a set of defined business goals and KPIs.
- Working with Account leads and Executive team to ensure accurate forecasting of revenue and timely communication of any significant changes.
- Identifying opportunities for case studies and facilitating development.
- Establishing revenue targets for the Account team and helping to guide and lead them in achieving those numbers.
- Executing a strategic framework to ensure accelerated growth for both new and existing clients, identifying opportunities to expand agency coverage within accounts.
- Facilitating regular business reviews (Annual, QBR, Project Debriefs) with clients that identify success metrics.
- Generating a positive team climate that inspires others to excel.
- Developing team members and direct reports by coaching, training and identifying areas of growth.
- Collaborating with Executive team to plan, staff and resource appropriately for changing needs.
- Contributing to strategic planning of operations including team structure, agency offerings and process, helping to identify opportunities for agency optimizations, growth and development as our team and business continue to grow.
- Supporting the efforts to qualify, assess and focus new business and new project opportunities.
- Partnering with the leadership team to pursue and support business development and pitch opportunities.
- Experience with overall account management, account growth, and leadership of cross-functional teams to develop approaches and targets that meet the business goals of our clients.
- The ability to define and develop overall engagement strategies and work with teams to execute plans, ensuring account work is scheduled accurately, prioritized accordingly, and effectively/efficiently executed.
- Experience supporting data-driven and performance-driven marketing programs with a knowledge and appreciation for how to apply data and analytics to the business.
- Ability to recognize and advance big ideas, or opportunities for big ideas.
- Ability to identify needs that the client may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- A proven history of leading internal teams, clients and conversations with a sense of ease and confidence. You are even-keeled, dependable, trustworthy and collaborative.
- Experience leading a diverse team with varying skill sets and many moving pieces. You’re known for your ability to coach and develop talent, empathize with team members, inspire and drive change, successfully navigate interpersonal communication and bring varied groups together to collaborate effectively and maintain a positive team environment.
- Experience with recognizing, working through and resolving conflict situations internally and externally.
- Ability to support and collaborate effectively with the Executive team, displaying the appropriate amount of discretion with more junior staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience as an account and business growth leader with a diverse industry background working in an agency setting.
- A broad understanding of marketing disciplines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels and functions.
- Strong client and team leadership abilities, as evidenced by excellent track record of success with clients and agency teams, with a history of fostering a positive and driven environment.
- Extensive experience engaging with senior-level clients and agency leaders and building strong relationships.
- The ability to navigate ever-changing logistics and deliverables with efficiency, finesse and confidence.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and pitch in where needed, in support of the team and creating excellent work for our clients.
- Exposure to a diverse mix of industry category verticals.
- Knowledge of traditional, digital and non-traditional advertising.
- Experience managing large teams, in multiple locations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of focus and urgency.
- Well-developed project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 3 times per quarter.
Why Social Factor?
We are a team of client-focused, group-above-self, highly-motivated individuals with attention to detail and passion for results that goes beyond client expectations. We’re constantly pursuing excellence in our work, and we’re always humble enough to do what it takes to make sure the job is done right. We also know there’s a time to celebrate, disconnect, and recharge. So... are you a fit?