Senior Content Strategist
Social Factor is looking for a Senior Content Strategist. The ideal candidate is a versatile Strategist with the ability to combine strategy, planning, content creation and everything beyond. As an integral contributor to the team, the ideal candidate is a data-forward content Jack/Jill-of-all-trades with strong editorial and copywriting instincts and the operational savvy required to oversee all programs from development to execution. They will be somebody who can effectively bridge the gap between what marketers want to say and what their customers need at distinct points in their journey. They will be ready to lead the interpretation of research findings; identify and model content types; direct and execute all forms of content creation; and more. They should have a true knack for digesting research and using those findings to make work that feels intuitive, straightforward and effective.
"A day in the life of" will include:
- Delivering on all aspects of strategy including market research, competitive landscape analysis, content audits, brief writing, insight development, POVs and trend analysis, other various strategic documents, decks and presentations, as needed.
- Partnering with the account team to foster strong client relationships while providing strategic thought leadership and business growth opportunities.
- Becoming a student of the client’s business, consumer, related trends and competitive context.
- Demonstrating excellent client and internal-agency communication as a skilled storyteller and presenter.
- Evaluating content and content opportunities, and envisioning ways it can be used to generate relevant customer engagement at all brand ecosystem touch-points.
- Leveraging strong analytical abilities to interpret social/digital data to gather key business and customer insights, inform content strategy and drive ongoing execution.
- Applying findings from the discovery phase to create a comprehensive strategy to be applied across all brand initiatives.
- Creating and mapping content to customer journeys to facilitate effective brand engagement.
- Creating overarching editorial POV, editorial strategy, content matrixes, and editorial calendars so content is engaging and consistent across all channels.
- Creating social, email and long-form content that aligns with the strategic goals and roadmap.
- Contributing to new business efforts by leading research, setting the strategic course and writing the strategy section of the presentation.
- Organizing, planning and leading effective, inspiring internal brainstorms and briefings.
- Supporting internal team members as a voice of strategy, ensuring our work is strategically intelligent, efficient and effective.
- Overseeing the output from copywriters across all levels, guaranteeing the content meets or exceeds standards and is in strategic alignment.
- Mentoring junior strategists, ensuring consistent quality and strategic alignment.
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment while skillfully navigating multiple stakeholders, initiatives and deadlines to drive success.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years experience in developing content with a digital focus.
- Strong grasp of customer journey and user experience principles.
- Hands on experience with web and social analytics tools.
- Experience collaborating at every point of the content planning and creation process.
- A history of being a champion for content marketing strategy.
- Problem solving skills and a love for challenges.
- The ability to communicate effectively with teammates and clients. When someone asks the question “Why?” you’re ready to explain our reasoning and back it up with evidence.
- A proven ability in shaping and delivering editorial voice, leveraging these creative skills to meet or exceed specific KPIs.