IT Systems Administrator
Social Factor is a social media agency that believes in the power of Human Connection. Our talented teams take the fear out of scale and unleash our clients’ brands to listen, reach, and respond. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Systems Administrator who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that applications and computers are working efficiently and that company and client data is secure.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence of a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring daily operations, including hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Experience supporting SOC 2 readiness and audit processes.
- Experience with MDM platforms such as Kandji, Jamf, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of managing Google Business, including Chrome Enterprise.
- Experience with SSO and cloud directory
- Experience with anti-virus and anti-malware such as BitDefender a plus
- Experience with software, policies, and procedures to protect data and access on BYOD
- Manage consultants for specific technical needs as required.
- Leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours.
Social Factor Culture
Here at Social Factor, we encourage our employees to embrace the casual atmosphere of a growing dynamic agency. Our team members are humble yet bold, motivated and hardworking, ready to serve and help others, and always interested in the latest the digital world has to offer. If this describes you, we'd love to hear from you!