Physical Therapist needed to perform the following duties :
· Plan, prepare, or carry out individually designed programs of physical therapy treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
· Perform and document an initial assessment, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
· Test and measure patient's range of motion, strength, motor development and function, sensory perception, functional capacity, or respiratory or circulatory efficiency and record data.
· Select appropriate assessment tools and methods in order to accurately determine the patient’s status for developing optimal treatment plan.
· Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
· Review physician's referral and patient's medical records to help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment required.
· Obtain patients' informed consent to proposed interventions.
· Administers physical therapy treatments by giving various manual therapy techniques, massages, proprioception neuromuscular facilitation techniques, strengthening and stretching exercises, balance and co-ordination exercises, stability training, gait training, applying physical agents like moist hot packs, TENS, electric stimulation, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
· Use evidence-based clinical interventions maximize functional outcomes for patients.
· Educate patients on their condition, each patient’s individual plan to address their limitations, and instructions in performing exercises for home and in-clinic programs.
· Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enter information into computer.
· Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
· Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up care or referrals.
· Advising the patient and family about in-home treatment options and exercises
· Maintains patient confidence and protects medical record by keeping information confidential.
Bachelor’s degree Required in Physical Therapy or Physiotherapy.