Team Leader Job Description
A qualified team leader supervises a team and provides effective guidance.
As a team leader, you will be the point of contact between all team members and management. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to handle matters in a professional manner. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and that effective collaboration occurs.
You will be responsible for ensuring your team is billing in accordance with SMPT guidelines, by working rejections, working denials, sending reconsiderations and appeals timely, following up on claims and documenting accordingly, working AR’s and following all SMPT billing policies and procedures.
Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example, be able to diffuse situations, be able to identify issues and engage the team to achieve collection goals.
· Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
· Maintain a higher workload than your team members
· Be able to work “problem” accounts
· Train all new team members
· Set clear team goals
· Delegate tasks and set deadlines
· Oversee day-to-day operation
· Maintain insurance collections and ensure accounts receivables are in good standing
· Monitor team performance and provide feedback to management
· Discover training needs and provide coaching
· Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
· Recognize high performance
· Make recommendations to formally write-up team members as needed (for example, poor performance, not following tasks or meeting deadlines, tardiness, excessive absenteeism…)
· Expected to work beyond “9-5” schedule
· Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
· In-depth knowledge of billing processes
· Knowledge of billing and EMR software’s
· Excellent communication, leadership skills, decision-making skills
· Organizational and time-management skills
· Displays professionalism in all situations