Work, enjoy, learn, lead……….
Join us as an Activities Leader
If you have a confident, outgoing and sociable character and are keen to interact with and inspire young people then you could be just what we are looking for!
As an Activity Leader you will work with students who want to improve their English, have fun and make international friends. You will organise and lead activities and excursions. It is essential that you are able to work independently, flexibly and as part of a team.
The Head Office team provides a comprehensive set of activity and excursion materials such as step-by-step activity plans, excursion booklets and walking tour routes. All you have to do is help to execute the plans in a well organised and fun way also adding your welcomed ideas to the programme too!
Start Date: - Contracted work from June – August 2019, length of contract depends on the centre
Salary: - (18-20) £295.20 per week, (21-24) £369.60 per week, 25+ £394.08 per week (minus £52.85 accommodation offset if residential). Accrued holiday pay of 12.07% of total gross pay and increments awarded.
Hours:- 48 hours over 6 days per week
Locations: - Cambridge, Canterbury, Chichester, London [Bankside, Bloomsbury and Uxbridge], Malvern, Oakham, Woodcote (Reading) and York
- Plan and run onsite and offsite activity sessions
- Actively encourage students during activities and ensure that everyone takes part
- Escort groups on excursions, and provide interactive and informative tours while observing the safety of all students
- Supervise students during meal times, free time and in residences
- Be familiar with Stafford House policies on safeguarding and student welfare and adhere to them at all times
Experience and skills
- Be 18 years of age or over with a responsible and professional attitude
- Be a confident communicator who is able to address large groups
- Have an interest in activities e.g. sports, drama, arts crafts
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Enjoy working with children and teenagers from other cultures
- Relevant qualification e.g. sports coaching, art or drama
- Current First Aid certificate or Current RLSS lifesavers qualification
- Previous summer school experience and/or residential experience
- Experience of working with children and/or teenagers
How will you spend your summer?