Work, enjoy, learn, lead……….
Join us as a Student Welfare Officer
If you have exceptional communication skills and enjoy working in an international environment, then you could be just what we are looking for!
Our Student Welfare Officers promote a supportive environment and ensure that welfare and safeguarding needs are met and followed. The right candidate should enjoy working with young people and be warm and approachable by nature. This is a residential position and accommodation is included. Full training will be given so that you are prepared for your role.
Start Date: Contracted work from June – August 2019, depending on location
Salary: Basic rate of £369.60 or £394.08 for aged 25 and over, per week. Accrued holiday pay of 12.07% of total gross pay and increments awarded
Locations: Cambridge, Canterbury, Chichester, Edinburgh, London [Bankside, Bloomsbury, and Uxbridge], Malvern, Oakham, Woodcote (Reading) and York
Hours: 48 hours over 6 days per week
Understanding Policies and Procedures
- Be fully conversant with our policies regarding the welfare and protection of children. You will be responsible for the welfare and safety of students ensuring that they adhere to our school rules
Student Arrivals and Departures
- Ensure that all new arrivals receive a warm welcome and take a key role in inductions and orientations
- Plan accommodation for arriving students, organising pre-arrival and departure checks and damage surveys
- Plan airport arrivals and departures and take an active role in meeting and greeting the students
- Ensure that student’s cultural, religious and dietary needs are met and respected
- Provide care and support for every student, helping them to integrate with other students and settle in
- Maintain student discipline in residences, liaising with management and Group Leaders
- Take part in all aspects of student supervision from free time, meal times and lights out duty
- Report back any concerns about individual students to the management team, providing clear and informative records
- Provide leadership for individual students and integrate them with other students
Health and Safety and First Aid
- Ensure that all Stafford House Health Safety policies are implemented and monitored
- Ensure information relating to fire, Health and Safety and medical emergencies is correctly displayed on the information board, in residences and in the Common Room.
- Ensure that accurate rooming lists are kept and fire drills are carried out on a regular basis.
- Provide First Aid for students and staff as and when required
Experience and skills
- Ability to build rapport with young people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Experience of working in an education, health or support setting
- Ability to work on own initiative and flexible to change
- Organised administrator with excellent computer skills
- Current first aid certificate
- Experience of working with children
- Previous House Supervisor/Welfare experience in a residential setting
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding
How will you spend your summer?