Work, enjoy, learn, lead…..
Join us as a Welfare and Accommodation Manager
If you are a problem solver with exceptional communication skills, you could be just what we are looking for!
The Welfare Accommodation Manager has overall responsibility for the safety and welfare of our students . You will oversee the duties of the welfare team and ensure that the accommodation is managed in an efficient and safe way
You must be able to attend the management training weekend, usually mid-June in Canterbury. Reasonable travel costs and full board and accommodation will be provided.
Start Date: Contracted work from June – August 2019, depending on location
Salary: £480.76 per week. Accrued holiday pay of 12.07% of total gross pay and increments awarded
Locations: Cambridge, Canterbury, Chichester, Edinburgh, London Bankside, London Bloomsbury, London Uxbridge, Malvern, Oakham, Woodcote (near Reading) and York
Hours: At least 48 hours per week. The job demands a high level of flexibility and will involve weekend and evening work.
- Create and maintain sense of team spirit
- Lead staff inductions and ensure the team is fully prepared to participate effectively in student welfare and supervision
- Manage, motivate and brief the welfare team, leading by example
- Provide clear staff rotas
- Monitor staff performance and carry out observations and appraisals
- Be fully conversant with our policies for the welfare and protection of children. You are responsible for the care, welfare and safety of students, ensuring that they adhere to the school rules.
- Oversee, line manage and support the Welfare Team to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of our students is the primary focus
- Ensure that each student’s cultural, religious and dietary needs are met and respected
- Ensure all records within welfare and accommodation is accessible and up-to-date
- Help students to adjust to life in Britain and to understand information concerning personal safety, British law and centre rules
- Maintain student discipline, liaising with the management team and Group Leaders.
- Take overall responsibility for the arrival and departure of students from room allocation to damage checks and transfers
- Undertake fire warden duties, ensuring all staff are aware of emergency procedures.
- Build a community spirit in residences and ensure that housekeeping and maintenance duties are completed
- Take a lead role in the absence of the Centre Director; duties include administration, new staff inductions and day-today running of the centre
Experience and skills
- Previous residential experience
- Effective management and leadership skills
- Organised administrator with excellent computer skills
- Able to adapt quickly to change, prioritise, organise and manage own work
- Enjoy working with teenagers and young people from other cultures
- Confident communicator
- Current first aid certificate
- Experience of working with children
- Previous House Supervisor/Welfare experience
- Previous summer school experience
How will you spend your summer?