Work, enjoy, learn, lead……………
Join us this summer in Canterbury
As an EFL Teacher at Stafford House Canterbury, you will work with students from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds.
If you have a confident, outgoing and sociable character and are keen to interact with and inspire young people, then you could be just what we are looking for!
Newly-qualified teachers are especially welcome. We offer an in-house syllabus, full support from the academic team at the centre, and extensive teacher development - a great way to kick-start your TEFL career.
Start Date: - Contracted work from June – August 2018
Salary: - Hourly CELTA rate: £15.32, Hourly DELTA rate: £17.33, Teachers’ activity rate: £8.77 per hour, Training/INSET rate: £11.00 per hour. Residential teachers are charged £52.85 per week for accommodation. You will also be paid accrued holiday pay of 12.07% of total gross pay.
Hours: - 15 – 30 hours of teaching per week, 5 days per week – Monday to Friday. If you want to take part in excursions/activities, this could involve 6 days per week..
- Be fully conversant with our policies for the welfare and protection of children.
- Teach English to a high standard, following our in-house syllabus, with an emphasis on oral communication
- Provide students with information and encouragement to learn, helping them to make the most from their stay
- Carry out admin duties and maintain proper records as directed
Experience and skills
- Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL or Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in English or MFL, or equivalent**
- Degree or equivalent
- Be a confident, outgoing and sociable character
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and be flexible
- Enjoy working with teenagers and young people from other cultures
- Previous experience working with/supervising teenagers
- Previous summer school experience
**Other TEFL qualifications may be acceptable if they have been validated by an external body, include a minimum of 6 hours of supervised teaching practice and 100 hours of input. Please note that one-day, weekend, online and distance learning courses are not considered equivalent.