Work, enjoy, learn, lead….
Join us as a Centre Director
Our ongoing commitment to safer recruitment means that all successful applicants will be expected to be part of the DBS update service or be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure.
Applicants will also be required to provide two professional references as well as explain any gaps in employment history before any offer is made.
As a Centre Director for Stafford House, you will have the overall responsibility for the smooth running of our pre-designed programme. You will closely monitor the quality and effectiveness of the academic and activity programme, and welfare provision amongst groups and staff to ensure an outstanding programme is delivered.
You must be able to attend the Management Training weekend in Canterbury, provisionally scheduled for 19th of June to 21st June. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. Full board and accommodation are provided.
Start Date: Contracted work from June – August 2020, depending on location
Salary: Between £631.75 and £682.25 per week depending on the size of the centre.PLUS a performance bonus of £50 per week subject to terms and conditions. Emergency overnight phone cover is also paid, up to a maximum of 2 nights per week. Pay in lieu of any unspent holiday at 12.07% of total gross pay Increments awarded
Locations: Cambridge, Chichester, Dover, Edinburgh, London [Bankside, Bloomsbury and Uxbridge], Malvern, Oakham, Woodcote (near Reading) and York
Hours: At least 48 hours per week. The job demands a high level of flexibility and will involve weekend and evening work
- Lead staff induction days
- Keep open lines of communication with all members of staff including head office teams
- Create a positive team atmosphere and motivate the staff effectively
- Ensure the centre office is functioning and secure at all times
- Ensure accurate data of staff is maintained
- Monitor the state of premises, equipment and resources throughout the course
- Ensure that the teaching and activity programmes are successfully integrated
- Ensure all staff and student paperwork is maintained and recorded accurately
- Ensure that the organisation of the centre, its courses, staff and student welfare comply with Accreditation UK guidelines
- Lead student and Group Leader induction days
- Control expenditure of the budget and maintain accurate accounts
- Ensure all Stafford House health and safety policies are implemented and monitored closely
- Liaise with Group Leaders to ensure a high level of customer service
- Maintain a professional working relationship with staff, clients and venue staff
- With the assistance of the Welfare team, allocate and monitor all residential accommodation, ensuring sufficient staff provision is available
- Ensure all documentation is checked, centre administration is carried out correctly
- Open and close the centre according to Stafford House guidelines
- Finalise the accounts and write end of centre reports for head office purposes
- Carry out student night time duties on a rota basis
- Represent Stafford House positively in all conversations with clients, staff, and the host centre
- Oversee the implementation of all airport/rail/bus transfers for students and staff
- Liaise fully with Student Welfare Officers, Group Leaders, the Family Organiser, the site representative and the Reservations Manager at Head Office.
Experience and skills
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in controlling budgets
- Proven competence in management and leadership skills
- Ability to build rapport with people from different cultures
- Enjoy working with teenagers and children
- Computer literate and proven competence in administration
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions focused
- Effective communicator
- Previous Centre Director experience
- Possess current First Aid certificate
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of summer school
- Previous residential experience
How will you spend your summer?