Work, enjoy, learn, lead……….
Join us as an Activities Manager
If you are an energetic, well-organised individual with a proven ability to lead a team, then you could be just what we are looking for!
Our ongoing commitment to safer recruitment means that all successful applicants will be expected to be part of the DBS update service or be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure.
Applicants will also be required to provide two professional references as well as explain any gaps in employment history before any offer is made.
The Activities Manager is responsible for overseeing a programme of fun, educational and varied activities and excursions. You will manage, motivate and coach a team of activity leaders while taking an active role in the day to day life at the centre.
The head office team provides pre-designed programmes with a comprehensive set of activity and excursion materials, such as step-by-step activity plans, excursion booklets and walking tour routes. Coach and attraction bookings for the excursions are also prepared in advance too. This just leaves you, along with your team, to execute all the plans in a fun and organised way.
You must be able to attend the Management Training weekend in Canterbury, provisionally scheduled for 19th of June to 21st June. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. Full board and accommodation are provided.
Start Date: - Contracted work from June – August 2020, depending on location
Salary:- Between £515.50 - £555.50 dependant on centre size and location. Emergency overnight phone cover is also paid, up to a maximum of 2 nights per week on a rota basis. Pay in lieu of any unspent holiday at 12.07% of total gross pay. Increments available.
Locations: Cambridge, Chichester, Dover, Edinburgh, London [Bankside, Bloomsbury and Uxbridge], Malvern, Oakham, Woodcote (near Reading) and York
Hours: At least 48 hours per week. The job demands a high level of flexibility and will involve weekend and evening work
- Create and maintain sense of team spirit
- Lead staff inductions and training to ensure your team is fully prepared to run activities and lead excursions
- Manage, motivate and brief your activity team, leading by example
- Provide clear staff rotas
- Monitor staff performance and carry out observations and appraisals
- Along with the rest of the staff, ensure that our student welfare and safeguarding procedures are followed, and carry out student supervision duties (e.g. meal times) on a rota basis
- Work together with Head Office to deliver a high quality activity and excursion programme
- Work closely with academic and welfare teams onsite to ensure a cohesive programme
- Liaise with venue staff to book facilities for activities
- Check and confirm coach and attraction bookings for excursions
- Ensure all Stafford House health and safety policies are implemented and monitored
Experience and skills
- Previous experience of running an activity/leisure programme
- Effective management and leadership skills
- Able to prioritise, organise and manage own work
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Computer literate with good communication skills
- Enjoy working with children and teenagers from other cultures
- Confident and able to address large groups of young people
- Relevant qualification e.g. sports coaching, art or drama
- Current first aid certificate
- Experience of working with children and/or teenagers
- Previous summer school and/or residential experience
- Administration experience
How will you spend your summer?