Work, enjoy, learn, lead……………
Join us as a Senior Activity Leader
Our ongoing commitment to safer recruitment means that all successful applicants will be expected to be part of the DBS update service or be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure.
Applicants will also be required to provide two professional references as well as explain any gaps in employment history before any offer is made.
If you are ready for the next challenge in an Activities role you could be just what we are looking for!
The Senior Activity Leader supports the Activities Manager in the successful delivery of a pre-designed programme. Taking a lead in the supervision of all activity staff, the Senior Activity Leader encourages everyone in the summer team to take a full and active part in this fun and educational programme.
You must be able to attend the training weekend in Canterbury, provisionally scheduled for 19th of June to 21st June. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. Full board and accommodation are provided.
Start Date: Contracted work from June – August 2020, depending on location
Salary: £393.60 (18-24 years), £418.56 (25+ years) per week for residential and non-residential. Emergency overnight phone cover is also paid, up to a maximum of 2 nights per week on a rota basis. .Pay in lieu of any unspent holiday at 12.07% of total gross pay. Increments available.
Locations: Cambridge, Canterbury, Chichester, Dover, Edinburgh, London [Bloomsbury and Uxbridge], Malvern, Oakham, Woodcote (Reading) and York
Hours: 48 hours per week over 6 days
- Be fully conversant with our policies for the welfare and protection of children.
- Plan and run well researched activity sessions
- Plan excursions to pre-booked destinations
- Actively encouraging students during activities, ensuring everyone takes part
- Escort groups on excursions, observing the safety and welfare of the students
- Supervise students during meal times, free time and in residences
- Support the Activities Manager with staff inductions, activity briefings and staff supervision, and deputise in the absence of the AM
Experience and skills
- Previous experience of organising activity programmes, preferably in summer schools.
- Exceptional time management skills and able to work well on own initiative.
- Interested in, and able to organise activities such as drama, arts crafts, talent shows etc.
- A team player able to adapt to change and be flexible
- Confident communicator
- Qualifications in related subjects (e.g. arts, drama, sports, etc.)
- Coaching/arts teaching qualification
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current RLSS lifesavers qualification
- Previous summer school experience
- Experience of working with children and/or teenagers
- Competent sports/gamesperson
How will you spend your summer?