Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their product and to deliver their development work. In many cases we are the client’s in-house product, design, and development team.
Our HQ is in London. We have offices in Kiev, Ukraine and Chennai, India, as well as a distributed team in various locations around the world.
You will be joining as a dedicated QA, helping to create a culture of quality across the company on both a strategic and day-to-day level.
Your strategic responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing and delivering high quality testing solutions.
- Helping to establish a dedicated QA team.
- Mitigating risk to the business (and our clients) by providing demonstrable evidence that the project is complete in line with internal and external expectations.
- Introducing robust QA processes for the business.
- Working with the senior team to agree test strategies.
- Developing bug prevention strategies with the development team to include substantial expansion of the automated unit and integration testing, test driven development and continuous integration.
- Creating quality measures and metrics across user-testing and automated-testing.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working with the product and commercial teams from the earliest stages of a project to understand business requirements and translate them into acceptance criteria.
- Working with the development team to ensure the defined acceptance criteria are met.
- Preparing, running, and maintaining manual test scripts and documentation.
- Logging defects and tracking them through to completion.
- Integrating with the development team’s agile processes and improving the visibility of progress towards deadlines.
- Working with the development team to promote the use of automated testing strategies.
- Actively contributing to company-wide commitment to continuous improvement.
Core skills – you will be
- Proactive: you’re happy to take the lead in your QA role.
- A great communicator: you have excellent written and spoken English.
- Analytical and detail-oriented: you have a high attention to detail and a methodical work approach.
- Respectful: you have the ability to point out mistakes without undermining anyone else in the team.
- Approachable and consultative: you believe that pride and ego must take a back seat to quality. You value influence over authority. You’re open to input and discussion from all members of the team.
- A minimum bachelors degree
- Web and mobile application testing experience
- Familiarity with test planning and bug-tracking systems (eg Azure DevOps, Jira)
- Familiarity with automated testing strategies and tools
- Experience in an agency environment (a bonus but not essential)
Steer73 is a small company and an important factor in our hiring is finding people who we can successfully work with. The company has more than tripled in size over the last couple of years, so while we remain small and dynamic, we are growing quickly.
We have a flat management structure and we look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles, and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you the opportunity to work on high-profile and meaningful projects for a wide range of clients and industries, as part of a company with cross-sectoral expertise.