Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We develop modern web apps, mobile apps and full business systems for a wide range of clients. We are dedicated to using the best tools and technologies we can find to create solutions we're always proud of.
Our HQ is in London, UK. We have offices in Kiev, Ukraine and Chennai, India, as well as a distributed team in various locations around the world.
We are looking for a lead developer to join our team. You'll be the most senior developer on multiple client and internal projects, leading the development team, working with product managers and QA, and reporting to the Technical Director. As an experienced, level-headed team-player who relishes influence over authority and cares about delivering quality at all times, you’ll bring your experience to bear to help set and attain high standards in all aspects of our work.
You will be responsible for leading development teams and will ensure successful delivery of projects. Your ability to communicate and interface with other teams in the business will ensure that projects are well defined and run smoothly.
You will innovate and bring new ideas to help the team develop and grow, and you are committed to staying up to date with modern technologies and solutions.
You will enjoy the variety of working across a range of projects, sectors and types of product. Your understanding of business operations will benefit projects that involve building entire business systems.
You will be passionate about helping to get the best out of the team, by recognising individual strengths and participating in our culture of continuous improvement.
Note: This is a permanent role and we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working UK office hours.
- C#, .Net Core and .Net Framework
- Microsoft Azure (App Service, Functions, Storage, SQL DB, Service Bus, CosmosDB, Application Insights, KeyVault, Redis Cache, Resource Manager)
- ASP.Net MVC Core / WebAPI
- Xamarin, UWP, WPF
- Databases (Azure SQL DB, EF Core, CosmosDB)
- Angular, jQuery
- Azure DevOps (build pipelines and project management)
- Networking, DNS, SSL
- Docker, Kubernetes (desirable)
On a typical day, in addition to implementing user stories agreed with clients, you may also be:
- Working with product managers to refine and agree scope and detail for tasks. Using your extensive experience to ensure that estimates are as accurate as possible and that relevant questions are raised during the estimation process.
- Working with technical architects to refine and implement optimal solutions for clients
- Work with product and commercial managers to communicate clearly and effectively concerning the status of projects and any risks and opportunities.
- Facilitating effective decision-making regarding technical choices.
- Writing code to implement solutions according to agreed specifications
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Relying on a solid understanding of development patterns and practices to produce clean, testable, maintainable code, and setting the technical standard for the team.
- Demonstrating leadership in the team's commitment to continuous improvement
- Setting up and maintaining deployment environments for production and development systems
- Understanding and addressing database performance concerns
- Developing efficient and robust data models
- Developing reports and analytics solutions
- Developing secure, reliable solutions informed by up-to-date best practices
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues
- Working with other teams to recruit new developers
- Onboarding new team members and improving onboarding resources
Steer73 is a small company and an important factor in our hiring is finding people who share our values and who will thrive in our business. The company has more than tripled in size over the last couple of years, so while we remain small and dynamic, we are growing quickly.
We have a flat management structure and we look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles, and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you the opportunity to work on high-profile and meaningful projects for a wide range of clients and industries, as part of a company with cross sectoral expertise.