Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their product and to deliver their development work. In many cases we are the client’s in-house product, design and development team.
Our HQ is in London, UK. We have teams in Ukraine and India, plus people working in various other locations around the world. We are a modern business that benefits from a remote and distributed global team.
We are looking for a senior back-end developer to join our team. You'll be an experienced, level-headed team-player who relishes influence over authority and cares about delivering quality at all times.
You will enjoy the variety of working across a range of projects, sectors and types of product. Your understanding of business operations will benefit projects that involve building entire business systems.
You will be passionate about helping to get the best out of the team, by recognising individual strengths and participating in our culture of continuous improvement.
Note: This is a permanent role and we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working UK office hours.
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- SQL databases
- Cloud environments (Azure)
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles
- CI/CD Tools (Visual Studio Team Services)
- Build tools (Grunt / Gulp)
- No-SQL databases
- Containerised Applications (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Networking, DNS, SSL
On a typical day, in addition to implementing user stories agreed with clients, you may also be:
- Working with product managers to refine and agree scope, detail and estimates for tasks
- Writing code to implement solutions according to agreed specifications
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Relying on a solid understanding of development patterns and practices to produce clean, testable, maintainable code
- Actively contributing to the team's commitment to continuous improvement
- Setting up and maintaining deployment environments for production and development systems
- Understanding and addressing database performance concerns
- Developing efficient and robust data models
- Developing reports and analytics solutions
- Developing secure, reliable solutions informed by up-to-date best practices
- Contributing to onboarding resources for new team members
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues
More about the company
Steer73 is a small company and an important factor in our hiring is finding people who share our values and who will thrive in our business.
We have a flat management structure and we look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles, and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you the opportunity to work on high-profile and meaningful projects for a wide range of clients and industries, as part of a company with cross sectoral expertise.