Technical Architect (.NET)
Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their product and to deliver the development work. In many cases we are the client’s in-house product, design and development team.
Our HQ is in London, UK. We have teams in Ukraine and India, plus people working in various other locations around the world. We are a modern business that benefits from a remote and distributed global team.
We are looking for a Technical Architect to lead the technical design and delivery of projects at Steer73. You’ll be working directly on solutions across multiple client and internal projects, directing a team of developers, and working with the Technical Director to drive standards and practices to help us deliver on our ambitious business goals.
You'll be an experienced, level-headed team-player with great communication skills who believes in influence over authority and cares about quality. Having been designing, implementing and maintaining solutions for years, you’ll have lots of relevant experience to bring to bear as you lead development teams and work closely alongside senior project and business stakeholders. With a knack for creating clear and helpful documentation and diagrams, developers will enjoy working with your specifications to deliver reliable, well architected, secure and performant solutions.
You will be adaptable and dynamic, enjoying working across a range of projects, sectors and types of product, sometimes juggling several key responsibilities. You’ll have the curiosity and obsession with learning that means no challenge is too big, while your attention to detail means everyone is confident in your delivery. Your experience and understanding of business operations will lend itself to commercial projects.
You’re probably seen as the ‘go to person’ by your colleagues because you are knowledgeable, helpful and respectful. You’ll care deeply about standards and constantly seek out opportunities to improve the quality and quantity of your team’s output while maintaining a fun, rewarding and positive environment for everyone.
Technologies you will be working with:
- Microsoft .Net Core / Framework
- Databases (Azure SQL Database, CosmosDB)
- Microsoft Azure IaaS solutions
- ASP.Net Web API and MVC
- Entity Framework
- Dependency injection / IoC
- Unit testing and integration testing tools
- UI Test Automation tools
- Angular and other frontend frameworks
- Networking, DNS, firewalls
You will be joining as Technical Architect reporting into the Technical Director. You will be responsible for building and maintaining client solutions, leading developers and building best practices across our technical team. Role highlights include:
- Leading the ongoing development on vital systems for key clients.
- Identifying improvements, planning and estimating work, designing architectures and implementing solutions.
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues.
- Working with product managers to refine and agree scope and detail of tasks.
- Defining and reviewing architectural solutions to problems.
- Helping developers solve problems, coaching and mentoring them for future issues.
- Promoting a strong adherence to standards and oversight – practice and guidance.
- Actively contributing to the team's commitment to continuous improvement.
- Understanding and addressing database performance concerns.
- Developing secure, reliable solutions informed by up-to-date best practices.
- Writing automated unit and integration tests.
- Relying on a solid understanding of development patterns and practices to produce clean, testable, maintainable code.
- Setting up and maintaining deployment environments for production and development systems.
- Developing efficient and robust data models.
- Creating reports and analytics solutions.
- Coaching and supporting developers in their day-to-day role.
- Providing subject matter expertise on Azure and software development patterns and practices.
Steer73 is a small company and an important factor in our hiring is finding people who share our values and who will thrive in our business.
We have a flat management structure and we look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles, and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you the opportunity to work on high-profile and meaningful projects for a wide range of clients and industries, as part of a company with cross sectoral expertise.