Product Director (Software / Digital transformation)
Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their solutions and deliver the system. In many cases we are the client’s in-house product, design and development team.
We run as a distributed network of teams, operating out of various locations around the world.
We are looking for a Product Director (for Digital Transformation) to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be expected to lead all product work across multiple projects. They will lead the investigation and ideation phases, as well as the composition of the product solution. They will be the primary representative to the client and lead on all non-commercial communication. They must be confident and an articulate communicator, conveying the value we bring to our clients.
The Product Director will be confident of making decisions, explaining your processes and thoughts – both internally to the team and to our clients, and have experience of consultative agency approaches, where we need to lead the client and not the other way around.
They will work with the CPO (and Lead Product Manager) and the team of Product Managers, to understand the needs of the client. They will gather the requirements for not just what the clients say they want, but what they really need. They will guide the product team and contribute the internal development of the product team skill sets.
The Product Director will work alongside the CPO and CEO. They will attend client meetings to discuss the product needs and the proposed solution; including market forces, the company pain points, marketing of the product and overall strategy of the company and the specific product.
They will feed this information back to the clients and confirm all assumptions and hypotheses. Experience of leading product designers and graphic designers would be beneficial.
Working as a part of this growing business, you will need to be hands on. You will be the sole Product representative on certain projects, as well as leading Product Managers on others. This role will provide practical day-to-day experience and guidance for the team as well as executing core product work.
This is a fundamental role in our business. The role will be accountable for the estimation of work and the communication of the work, from stories and tickets to the development team in a clear and unambiguous way.
You will be working on 3 to 4 client projects at a time, which whilst interesting will also be demanding. The successful candidate will need to be able to prioritise their time and efforts.
- Extract client requirements from unclear instructions
- Intelligently discuss the client’s product and company strategy in order to lead the client and the product team solution.
- Be familiar with greenfield ideation projects, and comfortable working on early stage conceptually fluid projects
- Drive action within the product team and the projects you lead
- Aim to simplify the proposal rather than complicate the product
- Understand the decisions that needs to be made and what information is the minimum requirement for those decisions
- Drive best practice through your projects and team
- Present clearly and dynamically to clients
- Documenting meeting outcomes and actions
- Analysing and documenting client requirements
- Writing user stories from documented requirements
- Writing acceptance criteria and definition of done for user stories
- Developing wireframes
- Creating user flows, and lifecycles
- Creating user types and personas
- Researching competitors and competitor products
- Conducting end user research
- Working with product managers to refine and agree scope and detail of tasks
- Helping a product team with product related work as necessary
- 8+ years’ experience working as a Lead Product Manager or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly analytical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full SDLC experience
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum / Kanban
Steer73 is a small company with targets to grow rapidly over the next 3 years. An important factor in our hiring is finding people who share our values and who will thrive in our business. We look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you an opportunity to work on high-profile, meaningful projects working with clients from a wide range of industries.
Contact us to find out more – https://steer73.com/contact-us/
This is a remote based role. No location specified.