Our Vision is to be the Best provider of Managed Cloud and Managed Connectivity Solutions. Our key competitive advantage is we Amaze our customers with the level of service that we consistently deliver.
Strencom is now 17 years in business, providing Managed Cloud and Managed Connectivity solutions to enterprises across Ireland and UK. We have over 170 Mid Corporate Enterprise customers comprising of over 4,500 sites under management. Our Connectivity offering extends across numerous technologies such as NGN Ethernet Fibre, Microwave Wireless, Private ADSL\eFibre, 4G and Site to Site IPSEC VPN. Our Cloud Hosting solutions are delivered over our self-service virtual data centre (VDC) and our custom designed Managed Hosting service. Our Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) offering is delivered over our own existing Skype for Business platform. A centralised Unified Communications & Collaboration solution that is fully featured, easily scaled and offering both resilience and flexibility.
This role consists of providing Level 1 customer and IT Support and also implementation of customer solution builds.
This technical role will require good communication skills as there will be a requirement to interact with internal and external stakeholders, technical and non-technical.
The solution build part of the role involves deploying router configuration for customer solutions and remotely on-boarding these solutions into the Strencom network. It will comprise of tasks such as IP Addressing and subnetting, updating configuration templates with customer specific details, deploying the configuration on to routers and upgrading the firmware versions on the hardware where required. You will be responsible for testing hardware prior to deployment and updating the customer specific documents and diagrams.
You may be the right candidate for this role if you can envisage yourself working towards a Cisco certification or just qualified with little hands on experience.
The role will also position you with an opportunity to increase your knowledge across a number of technical platforms, such as Strencom Managed Cloud (VMWare technology) and unified communications (Skype 4 Business) platform.
- Computer\Network experience
- Router configuration experience
- Working knowledge of routing protocols
- Experience of working with Firewalls
- Good Documentation Practices
The above experience may have been gained in a lab environment.
- Cisco Certification CCNA
- Exposure to Fortinet or Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience in the support of Cisco Routers
- Working knowledge of VPN
- Experience with IP Routing in particular BGP
- Provide assistance within our Design, Build and Operate Customer Experience Team
- Provide level 1 technical support for customer solutions
- Provide internal IT technical support
- Staging and Deployment of customer premises equipment
- Assist in the scoping and validation of customer solutions
- Create clear and concise design documentation for Customer solutions
- Deploy configuration for customer connectivity solutions
- Ensure smooth transition of services during the rollout and on-boarding of solutions
- A customer focus
- A team player
- Strong Communicator, in particular with customers.
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Good analytical skills, Quality focused, Attention to detail
- Package is €25k to €30k depending on experience.
- 20 days holidays, 100% Training cost Cisco or relevant platform
- 5 study days per year
- Mon Friday 9am to 5.30 pm
- Potential to work from home
- Mobile phone
- Home Broadband
- ½ day Friday (July/August)