On behalf of our agile, rapidly expanding Global client we are looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated AWS DevOps Engineer with significant experience in Windows, AWS, and DevOps Automation to be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team of technology professionals. Their current pipeline automation is built on AWS native services, namely code commit, code build and code pipeline. The most crucial aspect of the role will be instilling DevOps practise across the engineering team, effectively consolidating both development & operations roles through automation. Immediate asks will the expansion of current environments to increase throughput of enhancements to production, whilst collaborating with their QA automation team, to inject quality checks into their delivery pipelines.
The role involves broad responsibility for maintaining and enhancing our AWS cloud environment. Duties include monitoring, optimization, automation, data maintenance, and support. The AWS DevOps Engineer should be a thought leader who designs and develops processes and systems to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within their technical space.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and test AWS environments and ensure their ongoing support.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design.
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Architect and implement reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver highly scalable services.
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they are creating.
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues.
- A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS, Windows, VSS, MS SQL Server, Aurora, Node, Angular, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent. A relevant Master's degree is a plus.
- 3+ years in an Enterprise DevOps environment
- 1+ years of experience administering Amazon Web Services accounts and working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, etc).
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate just about everything.
- Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
- Application Performance Monitoring and Log aggregation at scale.
- Microservices infrastructure applications such as API Gateway.
- RDBMS experience such as My SQL.
- NoSQL experience such as DynamoDB.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- A solid Ops foundation – you are always thinking, “what happens if this fails?” when you build things.
- Experience working in an iterative-based development environment using Agile/SCRUM/Kanban.
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies.
- An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in systems architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant certifications are a plus.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform.
- Be accurate and deliver quality. Have a “roll up your sleeves and dive in” attitude.
- Excellent, collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
- Adaptable and flexible in meeting demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Proactive – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated proactivity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.
Salary range is 40-50k, full healthcare, bonus and share options included with package.
Unique opportunity to work with best in class building cutting edge tech.
For consideration or do discuss in detail in strict confidence please submit a current CV.