Senior Systems Engineer
On behalf of our Global Consultancy client we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to be based in their Derry - Londonderry office. Occasionally working from home due to Covid-19 but primarily office based in usual circumstances.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead out on the testing and deployment of software and other computer systems technologies to ensure operational effectiveness in line with security, performance, reliability, and scalability requirements.
- Leading the research, development, and implementation of new technologies within a multi-site environment by advising on design concepts and changes, implementation strategies and deployment timelines aligned with strategic and operational objectives.
- Leading the design, implementation and integration of new MIS software applications that meet the requirements for functionality and integration with existing components.
- Administering network and data security and updates, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, email security and data compliance.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues quickly and effectively, engaging with support and providers where necessary to resolve.
- Procuring, installing, and maintaining both hardware and software for existing and new team members, and act as the first contact point for issue reporting.
- Creating thorough documentation records of design specifications, workflow, and instructional manuals as necessary to ensure effective and efficient usage, and compliance.
- Batchelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another related field.
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience in a computer networks, system engineer or user support position with project management focus.
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience in a computer networks, system engineer or user support position with project management focus.
- A minimum of 1 year’s recent experience of leading challenging MIS projects involving multiple stakeholders, preferably in a similar sized SME.
- Proven practical experience of building upon pre-existing IT infrastructure along with the integration of new technology systems into an organisation.
- Proven ability of developing training material and facilitating training workshops.
- Ability to think strategically, critically, creatively, and innovatively.
- Proven practical experience with various operating systems, networks, and databases.
- Experience in a start-up or scale up company
- A minimum of 1 year’s recent experience of leading challenging MIS projects in a start-up or similar sized SME.
For full spec and package details please submit a current CV to arrange a call to chat through.