IT Manager (Systems Administrator)
Our exclusive Digital client are an award-winning creative studio based in Derry in the North of Ireland. They create original content for kids bringing stories and characters to life across media and platforms worldwide. They are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator for their Animation Studio (IT MANAGER).
The primary role of the Systems Administrator is to provide technical support and liaise with the technical team in the co-production team. You will be a systems administrator with a broad background and the ability to support multiple technologies. This role requires excellent communication skills and an ability to make decisions under pressure. Analytical and problem solving skills will be essential also. The ideal candidate will be technically proficient and also have a familiarity with the challenging nature of the animation industry and significance of dead lines. This role is full-time and requires the successful candidate to be able to work on site in Derry when required therefore someone living in the local vicinity is essential. The post will be fixed initially for 2 years and a Senior candidates may be considered on a more flexible PT contract basis.
● Linux Server and Window/ Mac Workstations configuration and maintenance - supporting a studio of 50+ users.
● Deployment of software and configuration management
● User and Computer Directory Management – Active directory for Windows
● PC and MAC image building and deployment
● Remote workers administration and set up
● System administration and troubleshooting for Windows 10 and Linux CentOS and Mac OS
● Troubleshooting software and hardware in studio
● Responsibility for overseeing backups of data both on-site and off-site
● Proactively monitoring of all systems for faults/alerts
● Promoting IT security practices to all staff in the office
● Maintenance of physical LAN (cabling, switching technology, Wifi and admin of router).
● Document processes and maintain software/hardware inventory for the studio.
● Periodically undertake projects and implementations of new systems and deployments of software
● Understanding of administration of Linux systems
● Configuration management systems experience
● G Suite administration experience
● Understanding of networking fundamentals
● Windows 10 and MAC OS
● Active Directory experience, group policy, login scripts etc.
● IT security certification would be desirable but not essential
● Experience in server room maintenance: UPS monitoring, server racking, cable management.
● Experience with high performance Enterprise storage and NFSv4/SMB protocols. Preferably in high end VFX or Animation environment
● Knowledge of Animation software and systems a plus (Toon Boom, Shotgun, Photoshop)
Unique opportunity to join a creative dynamic team who has very low staff turnover and exciting award winning projects.
Salary 30k. (Can be PT hrs for more Senior people).
Please apply with cover letter highlighting why you should be considered for the role and a current CV.