Software Engineer (Development)
Our client delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. The Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service, delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Their patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
They have raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of software development practices
- Escalates and handles red flags such as blocker bugs, environmental issues, and architectural issues leading to delay in the development activity. Resolves customer issues by interacting with support as required
- Supports cross functional teams to achieve expected results
- Challenges status quo and suggests new relevant changes
- Develops software modules for various parts of the system
- Demonstrates good understanding of software engineering processes such as agile methodologies
- Understands and maintains existing code-base, adds features, fixes bugs, re-factors existing code
- Solves challenging technical problems
- Collaborates with team members and cross functional product teams
- Writes well designed, efficient, testable code
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of data structures
- Demonstrates good understanding of development tools such as version control, effort management and ticketing and compiling and generating builds
- Seeks help and advice from others when stuck to resolve existing issues at the earliest
- Demonstrates a strong passion to learn
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills including communication and assertiveness
- Estimates work assigned to self
- Improves product quality by fixing bugs & enhancing product stability
- Educated to degree level or with recognised and applicable industry certifications.
- Minimum of 2-5 yrs experience working as a software engineer
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it e.g. Express, Sequelize, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and
optimizing output to match the specific platform
High salary negotiable 40-55k including 10% bonus, healthcare, modern central office with parking and canteen facilities onsite.
Work with tight knit world class team in the coolest place on the planet!
Please submit a current CV for immediate consideration, quick starts available.